Sign in to follow this  
triangles

patch 1.05 problem

TRiangles,

Tell us where you are at... You have a fresh install of 505 version. Does that version load up before you patch? Perhaps its a driver issue crashing arma.

Hi triangles

We need a bit more information from you in order to help you. Please answer each question in its turn so we can figure out where the problem occurs.

At the end Fill in all the details we ask for especially driver versions. I know some of the questions seem like you are repeating your self but the process helps define the problem, so deep breath and bear with it. That gives us the best chance of fixing your problem.

You say that you have the 505 version 1.04 on DVD.

1) When you install 1.04 from your DVD it works; is that correct?

2) You are updating from 1.04 to 1.05. Is that correct?

3) What is the size of the 1.05 downloaded patch you are using?

4) When you apply the 1.05 Patch what does it say?

5) After you have applied the 1.05 patch and you first run ArmA what do you see?

You do need to fill in ALL these details so we can help you, we especially need driver versions; so we can exclude or include them as the cause.

Very important that you tell us all this wink_o.gif

CPU

Graphics card (make, model, driver version, on-board ram)

Sound card  (make, model and driver version)

RAM (how much you have)

ArmA version (which language, which patch)

DirectX version (all should be using 9.0c anyway)

DVD (make, model, driver version, we already have had someone who could not play the DVD because he was putting it in a CD player)

Kind Regards Walker

1)yes

2)yes i did and that was were the problem was

3)i downloaded PATCH ver. 1.05 EURO

4)ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

if you where in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

we have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous

to see what data this error report contains,click here

send error report don't send"

5)i see a black page then the error report pops up this is what th e error report sais:

ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

if you where in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

we have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous

to see what data this error report contains,click here

send error report don't send"

ok i have a dual core processor:AMD Athlon 64 x2

i have 2 graphics card:en7600gs silent

and a lan-party server:nf4 sli-dr

and 500 mega bites

there.

Hi triangles

You did not answer this question:

3) What is the size of the 1.05 downloaded patch you are using?

Navigate to the folder you downloaded the 1.05 patch to then find the file ArmA_Euro104Update105.exe

Right Mouse Button click on the patch and select properties.

In the general Tab tell us what the two values for Size and Size on disk are.

Driver versions

Many peoples problems are with drivers so we do need all the details of drivers and the like.

If you do not know how to find out what your driver versions are; ask and we will talk you through it.

A lot of of people with similar problems to yours are caused by on board sound cards in order to understand what is causing your problem we need the Full Details below I have filled in what you have given us we need the rest though all the bits with NO INFO wink_o.gif

CPU: dual core processor AMD Athlon 64 x2

Graphics card (Make: NO INFO Presuming Nvidia You have not told so i am guessing, model:7600gs silent, driver version: NO INFO, on-board ram: NO INFO)

Sound card  (make: NO INFO, model: NO INFO, driver version: NO INFO)

RAM (500 mega bites)

ArmA version (which language: NO INFO, which patch, 1.05)

DirectX version (NO INFO all should be using 9.0c anyway)

DVD (make: NO INFO, model: NO INFO, driver version: NO INFO, we already have had someone who could not play the DVD because he was putting it in a CD player)

It is very hard if not impossible to track down the cause of your problem without all this info.

Error Report

ArmA Produces an error report; please look in:

C:\Documents and Settings\...Your user Account...\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\

Open Your arma.RPT file in notepad and tell us what the bottom entry says. It will begin something like this.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">=====================================================================

== C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Kind Regards walker

Size:226 MB (237'685'090 bytes)

Size on disk:226 MB (237'685'090 bytes)

driver version:no i do not know how to find out what mi driver version is.

Graphics card(make:ASUS,model:EN7600GS SILENT,driver version:i don't know how to check,on-board ram:512 i think,i have tow of thoes)

sound card i don't have one

arma version(language:english,patch 1.04,i repeat i have version 505 and i downloaded the patch 1.5 and it scruse up)

DirectX version(version 9.0)

DVD i don't know.

Open Your arma.RPT file how do i do that??

Quote[/b] ]

Size:226 MB (237'685'090 bytes)

Size on disk:226 MB (237'685'090 bytes)

I have a copy of the Arma_Euro104Update105.zip sitting on my HD.

Properties gives me the following sizes for it:

Size:226 MB (237,683,754 bytes)

Size on disk:226 MB (237,686,784 bytes)

But then it is a zip file as opposed to an .exe.

You can open your RPT file by popping it into notepad, it is just a text file.

EDIT: So, I unpacked the zip and looked at the .exe, sizes reported are as follows:

Size:285 MB (298,893,312 bytes)

Size on disk:285 MB (298,893,312 bytes)

Planck

i think possibly people are saying that you may have a slightly corrupt patch program.. does your unzipped EXE size match that of Planck's?

Have you tried the international patch too? (that worked for me, i downloaded it by accident)

i think i read that you had an Nforce mobo.. i think this problem occurs a lot with those Nforce mobos... i think it was with onboard sound... but you only have onboard sound and no sound card.. hmm.

And make sure your drivers are updated for all your hardware...

That means latest drivers for you graphics card, motherboard etc.

If you have everything working correctly with the lastest drivers post your ArmA.RPT file (the last section) located at this place on your hard drive:

C:\Documents and Settings\...Your user Account...\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\ArmA.RPT

You can open it with notepad (right click -> open with... Notepad)

every thing is good i have wat i need so here is the sizes:

Size:285 MB (298,893,312 bytes)

Size on disk:285 MB (298,893,312 bytes)

okay i decided to reinstall the game and now im gonna do what you guys did with the patch 1.05 now im waiting

what did you guys do for the patch exactly?cause it didn't work sad_o.gif

i hate to do this really i do but are any of you gonna reply?

The informations about your PC are...lets say "limited", so its hard to trace the problem down but i'll just give it a shot with a basic question:

Did you install the latest OpenAL thingy?

I remember ArmA making a lotta trouble without it...

Hi triangles

I will try once again

A lot of of people with similar problems to yours are caused by on board sound cards in order to understand what is causing your problem we need the Full Details below

I have filled in what you have given us we need the rest though all the bits with NO INFO wink_o.gif

triangles Please fill in the bits where it says "NO INFO"

CPU: dual core processor AMD Athlon 64 x2

Mother Board:  (make: NO INFO, model: NO INFO, driver version: NO INFO)

Graphics card: (Make: NO INFO Presuming Nvidia You have not told so i am guessing, model:7600gs silent, driver version: NO INFO, on-board ram: NO INFO)

Sound card:  (make: NO INFO, model: NO INFO, driver version: NO INFO)RAM (500 mega bites)

ArmA version (which original version: NO INFO, which media Download or DVD: NO INFO,which language: NO INFO, which patch, 1.05)

DirectX version: (NO INFO all should be using 9.0c anyway)

DVD Hardware: (make: NO INFO, model: NO INFO, driver version: NO INFO, we already have had someone who could not play the DVD because he was putting it in a CD player)

It is very hard if not impossible to track down the cause of your problem without all this info.

Error Report

ArmA Produces an error report; please look in:

C:\Documents and Settings\...Your user Account...\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\

Open Your arma.RPT file with notepad and tell us what the bottom entry says. It will begin something like this.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">=====================================================================

== C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Kind Regards walker