Sign in to follow this  
karl76

Nvidia 100.87 for WinXP x86 are out

Download page for 100.87 drivers and modded .inf

Originally they are based from Leaktek and supported only the 8800 cards but when you download the modded .inf (available at laptopvideo2go.com), you can use them with your other Nvidia cards.

Thanks to Pav, mobilenvidia and all the other guys at nvnews.net for finding these.

Mirrors for the original file without the modded .inf:

ftp://ftp.leadtek.com/enterta....7

http://www.filesend.net/downloa....e9d78d0

P.S. I haven´t found the time to install them and test them with ArmA yet, but I´ll report back once I have done that.

1. 8800 GTX still has the strange VRAM related stuttering after a few minutes.

2. 8800 GTX still has the fog-like view, even with 10000 viewdistance

3. 8800 GTX still has a way too huge performance hit around a certain type of bush.

4. arma.exe has a profile, so SLI "might" work better with these drivers.

1. 8800 GTX still has the strange VRAM related stuttering after a few minutes.

2. 8800 GTX still has the fog-like view, even with 10000 viewdistance

3. 8800 GTX still has a way too huge performance hit around a certain type of bush.

4. arma.exe has a profile, so SLI "might" work better with these drivers.

So all hopes for us 88 users to get better ArmA performance with newer driver are gone...

MfG Lee confused_o.gif

yer well i bought a sparkle 8800gtx and a new e6600 core 2 duo and the game runs like absolute S#$T for me  banghead.gif

I played the demo for ages on this set-up at (Very high) 1900x1200

it actually run o.k. as Version 1.4 but it still has texture problems and un-explained slow downs.

It really just runs like crap for such a good card bear in mind though im running Vista x86 this could also add to my woes.

pick your game up Bohemia and get all us high end guys a fix

pistols.gif

It's a shame, I had big hopes for these drivers, although I have to admit I have'nt had any lag whatsoever on my GF8800 gtx - I have had horrible lighting and texture glitches, together with the 'grey fog' even on maximum view distance.

Also since patch 1.5 I've had the old muzzle flash bug that ofp had sometimes. I was hoping the fix would come from nvidia for these issues, because I dont think it's going to come from BI.

sad_o.gif

Friend of mine installed them and said he had major boost on 8800..

BTW, it's a beta driver afaik, there will be many many more drivers coming and the fact that there is an arma profile does not mean they dont update/fix/tweak anything anymore smile_o.gif

The problems you guys describe, I had them while on Vista-64. They are gone after XP-32.

yeah i have GF 7900 GS its so far had zero problems in any game until here where i have unexplainable texture issues at random starting, which then degrades my texture more and more until i'm playing first generation sega.

this started in 1.05 thou

I recently switched from a ATi x1900 GT to a BFG 8800GTX-OCE. I also get a 10-15 FPS loss with the new 1.05 patch. I cant really complain because its still running in the high 50s on average. I played online last night with all settings maxed, viewdistance at 2500 1280x1024 and played at 20-30 FPS all night long. I even shot a little movie with fraps while my friend pennywise flew me around sahrani. The only big complaint I have with the new videocard is the fog. The fog is so bad that it makes any scoped weapon useless. The laser designator, gunning in any vehicle with zoomable gunsights, and any scoped weapon are of no use now. I have been reading on some other forums that the fog is a issue with directX reference rastarizer fog table or some hootus to that effect. It appears nvidia dosent want to fess up to it being a glitch with their drivers and blame the software developers, software developers just put the blame back on nvidia.

I have not tested this forceware version yet but I will not except any kind of relief specially to ArmA performance. The main performance hit with 1.05 came from postprocessing and Nvidia can't fix the BIS patch. The way how Arma uses graphics memory is controlled by Arma.exe not Nvidia forceware.

If we don't take the graphical glitches in account, the performance of 8800 in ArmA is comparable to the general performance of 8800 in other games. I have tested ArmA both with X1950Pro and 8800GTX and GTX is about 2.5 times faster. The difference is same in other games.

To all the people who wonder why 8800 users are whining:

The problem is that 8800 users can put all the settings max (at least with 1.04) and play the game fluently some time before mysterious stutter starts.So they notice a problem which is quite hard to notice with normal or low settings which is usually the choice if you have less powerful card. When I had X1950pro I used normal settings and had no performance degradation problems with it. That does not make X1950pro better than 8800GTX. If I tried Very High settings with X1950Pro the game was total slideshow from the beginning. It's quite hard no notice difference between fps=1...4 and fps=1...3 biggrin_o.gif

well i have a 1900xtx ATI, and I now get the fog effect thanks to the patch 1.05...

Not as bad as some people but its worse than not having it at all...

When I had X1950pro I used normal settings and had no performance degradation problems with it. That does not make X1950pro better than 8800GTX. If I tried Very High settings with X1950Pro the game was total slideshow from the beginning.  It's quite hard no notice difference between fps=1...4 and fps=1...3  biggrin_o.gif

well if u read here

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58542

U will learn why X1950 Pro have degradation, however,i was use this card on 1.04 version,all thexteres on higest lvl with resalution 1600x1200, and have no problems.

perhaps u used 1900x1600 of higer , dont know, however if u advance user , u can Overcloak x1950pro if its nesesary.

but i cant see point, 1600x1200 resolution fine for me.