Sign in to follow this  
Miedin

Check mark for training?

I've completed all the training missions on "veteran" level and have the checks for each one in the training menu but the box is still empty for training in the missions menu.

I aced everything but the grenade launcher (I got 10 I think) and the attack chopper I got 99% under 15. all else I think was perfect.

What do I have to do to get a check in that box?

i noticed that too. it appears that the checkmark next to the missions in the main spmissions screen will remain unchecked.

Probably because "missions" is not a mission but more like the book that contains the missions.

As RjC says thats because it's not a mission as such, more of a sub-folder within the entire SP Missions folder.

i've been wondering about that too and came to the same conclusion as RjC here. it would have been a nice little detail to have that box checked too so you would see at first glance that you've completed training. but i won't bugger the devs with something as trivial as that.  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

What is the exact purpose of 'training' -apart from the obvious for a neewbie to ArmA/OFP?

I actualy thought (at first before i played the campaign) it was carried into the missions? You know, you get more sniper missions because your an ace shot, or helo pilot sent in against HV targets etc.

Would have been a good simple idea to have used the potential.

i just regard the training missions more or less like ArmA "sandbox" mode: do what you want in your own time.

The campaign does have a gentle start for newbies but some prefer to practice without fear of being killed.

I liked the timerfunction when you do the obstaclecourse. I always wondered what my time was in good old opf tounge2.gif

What is the exact purpose of 'training' -apart from the obvious for a neewbie to ArmA/OFP?

I actualy thought (at first before i played the campaign)  it was carried into the missions? You know, you get more sniper missions because your an ace shot, or helo pilot sent in against HV targets etc.

Would have been a good simple idea to have used the potential.

funny, i thought so too, at first. turns out it has no impact whatsoever. sad_o.gif

you have to qualify on the M-16 in order to get access to the sniper rifle so i thought if you passed the sniper/grenadier/machine gunner tests you would be able to choose your squad role in the missions. but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Would make a great mod having these "RPG-elements" ingame.

Like getting all kinds of specop missions if you excel at the training course in silenced weaponry and explosives, a sniper oriented career if you aced at shooting sniperrifles; that idea...

If only i wasnt such a noob with that editor and modmaking and stuff...

I know this is not really the forum for it, but i wonder.... should something like that be possible in arma?

@RjC_77

In a campaign environment, -everything- is possible biggrin_o.gif So the answer is yes. Very possible, in fact. Problem is, of course, making a single good mission is generally a couple of months work, making a campaign takes a looot of dedication and time. So making missions people might not even play because they don't pass certain courses might not be on the top of their lists. But yes : it's very possible. Hell : if someone just took the official BIS training missions and stuck them on top of the official campaign, and then edited out the extra-missions requiring, say, sniping, if you didn't pass the sniper course...well, shadam, you'd be home free. xmas_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

i noticed that missionmaking is very timeconsuming.... I am trying to get the hang of it, first by trying to recreate one of the campaignmissions (that very first sniperthing in the watertower).

It looked easy enough.... Doing it again is quite another thing....

Learning loads of stuff tough and having great fun with it (esecially when a snippet of code you found actually works, lol)

For instance: i have spent two full days trying to get a guy put the satchel to take out the jeep. It turns out i made a spelling error in the code to put the damn thing....

If you have lots of triggers and waypoints on your map finding the problem can be quite daunting smile_o.gif