Sign in to follow this  
callaway

1.5 -No sound, blue screen hard locks

I'm getting major sound problems, lack of sound and very frequent blue screen hard system locks. Everything was fine before 1.05. The game is now far from playable. All the hard work on the patch is appreciated of course, but there are some major issues now.

I believe the hard locks are sound related.

Windows XP

Core Duo

RealTek onboard sound

Yop, RealTek soundcards seems to be problematic for Arma - i have these problems too, sometimes absolutly no sound, but more often no gunfire sound - changing from Hardware accelaration to software might help mayby turn off EAX too. But this no solution for me! It would be great if BIS fix this too  help.gif

1.05 but also on 1.02 (but no so often) Czech DVD

i got same problem just after instaled 1.05 and started game while the game loaded i got bleu sreen pc reboot have core 2 duo a a-bit ab9 realtek alc 882d well im afraid too re-try too start my favorite pc game ffs if its just cause the dam onboard audio card il go buy one. help.gif

I'm also using Realtek and now have no sound in multiplayer and unstable sound in single player. Changing my sound options doesn't have any effect.

It seems to have gotten worse with the new patch.  confused_o.gif

Soundcard works fine with all other games and applications.

I havn't had any blue screens or crashes, just much lower framerates in 1.05.

Any advice BIS?

If any of you are using vista+ R-HD install the latest drivers ~ 1.60

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloa....0Codecs

Sure you must have anyway, but worth the link. No problems with my onboard+1.05 personally [well blusecreen ones at least, I get poping and crackling when sound is active]

I guess I should buy a real soundcard lol

Onboard sound is causing problems in some games, and is causing an slowdown in every game.

An Audigy2 will do the job fine, but not for Vista as there are only crappy beta drivers out.

Just a quick update, getting the latest Realtek HD Drivers has made the single player much more stable, but the multiplayer sound still fizzles out. Especially when burst fire and the M249 are used.

This really needs to be fixed. With 1.04 reinstalled everything is fine. With 1.05 I get a HARD LOCK everytime within 10-15 minutes.

I've tested a bunch of other games, BF2, Eve, Sup Commander, etc. Everything else is fine.

This really needs to be fixed. With 1.04 reinstalled everything is fine. With 1.05 I get a HARD LOCK everytime within 10-15 minutes.

Did you try disabling HW sound acceleration, first in game, if that does not help, in Windows Sound control panel? This should allow you to avoid HW or SW bugs specific to your sound card.

Updated RealTek drivers, turned off Hardware Acceleration ingame and in control panel. Everything works fine now, thanks. smile_o.gif

I want to add to this thread. Sound is perfect with no glitches at all in SP. But as soon as I get into an MP game, sound cocks up. Can't hear gun fire (my own and others), no engine noise (my own or other, air or land), can't hear footsteps and lots more. Sometimes it comes back stuttering, and then goes away completely again.

I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 with latest drivers installed.

ArmA 1.05 EN Downloaded version. I've tried turning HW Acc. and EAX off and on. Tried lowering HW Acceleration in sound devices in Windows too.

These problems are wierd. They only exist in MultiPlayer!

I have an Asus board with Nforce II chipset and AC97 onboard sound.

Could not run ArmA with Nvidia or Asus drivers. Newest Realtek drivers fixed the problem for me, but I am still experiencing very weird sound issues in MP. Sounds fade out, gun sound is not present, or, when I fire my machine gun I hear a repeated "Ei ei ei ei ei ei ei" Instead of the gun sounds lol. "Ei" When one of the previous radio messages that I heard started with "Eight .." for example. Complete mess.

I had the exact same issues.

If you have sound problems in MP, turn your Hardware Acceleration down or off OUTSIDE of ArmA.

I tried everything and that fixed the problem. New drivers helped in SP too. Sound is perfect now.

It would be nice if you didn't get my valid topic locked. Thanks.

Ok, I tried the new realtek drivers and everything is fine in SP games for the most part. I'm still having horrid issues in MP games though. No sound, or just footsteps, no gun sounds, no vehicle sounds.

i have no sound in multiplayer in this game, when i do hear sound it is very garbled, this game is broken.

Update!

Ok, I've gotten sound working in MP, it's working 100%. Do the following:

1. Update RealTek drivers

2. Turn off hardware sound and eax in Arma

3. Go to control panel in Windows > sound > speaker settings > advanced > performance tab > hardware slider to second to last notch (standard acceleration)

This seems to have fixed my sound at least until BIS fixes the game.

I'm glad  confused_o.gif to hear that more people experience problems as no sound in MP and all ok sound in SP which I thought was a little bit strange at first. Can't imagine why. Game still uses same soundengine online doesnt it?  goodnight.gif

You warn me not get the topic locked then do exactly as I suggested a page earlier. How odd.

Update!

Ok, I've gotten sound working in MP, it's working 100%. Do the following:

1. Update RealTek drivers

2. Turn off hardware sound and eax in Arma

3. Go to control panel in Windows > sound > speaker settings > advanced > performance tab > hardware slider to second to last notch (standard acceleration)

This seems to have fixed my sound at least until BIS fixes the game.

Actually. This works for me too if done in this exact order (except #1 on the list offcourse).

And I'm on an Audigy 2 with newest drivers.