Sign in to follow this  
gL33k

securom of my ass ...

Well, I was so pissed about the error and didn't know what to do through the weekend so I decided to delete WinXP and installed Vista. Now it works for me as well.

The statements that it might be caused by running process explorer could have also been be the source problem here as I normally use this all time and had it in my startup group.

@Dr. Mojo:

Bad that this didn't work for you. But now knowing that it is caused by some app / service running, I would recommend to try the following:

Start Windows and run msconfig.exe. Disable all autostart applications (Startup tab - > disable all) and disable all "non-microsoft" services (services tab -> first "hide all Microsoft services" then click "disable all"). Afterwards reboot. Then try to run Arma.

Hope this helps. If it does you might reenable one for one or even groups, rebooting and running arma afterwards until you know which application or service is causing securom to make such trouble.

Andre

Hello all! Great game but stupid copy protection. Wouldn't it be just enough to rely on cdkey check in multiplayer as this is server side and cannot be bypassed?!?

I too like the comfort of disc images and the fact is that dvd:s dont last forever. So now after 1.05 patch I couldn't play Arma as the security module error always came up.

In other forum users found a working solution, make 2 virtual drives with daemon tools, and modify their drive letters with regedit (add some extra letter as in picture). Now Arma starts from image again!  xmas_o.gif

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/456/arma2ku8.jpg

and this works????could u post a link to the forums???

I have seen the info on a forum, its a well known warez info site. Basically the pirates are playing the game no worries at all, patched to 1.05 AND online, while us legit users are being shafted.

and this works????could u post a link to the forums???

Yea PM or post would be cool, Im sitting with a non functioning game (the sad thing is I bet its no-cd'd before its officially fixed :/)

stompy is correct, its a warez forum, so no links im afraid. But believe me I have bought the game, as I'm a big fan of original flashpoint.

However the info is all here and very simple, just add another drive in Daemon tools using "set number of devices". Go to regedit and change the name of those virtual drive keys.

Arma should start without problems.

hmm...i have tried the above.....and its now saying plz insert the correct disc into the drive??

could u plz e-mail me on justgazgaz@hotmail.com....

but i just wonder how fast a moderator would react if u did link the warez site.....much faster than they react when paying customers are asking for help or even just asking if the problem is being looked into

hmm...i have tried the above.....and its now saying plz insert the correct disc into the drive??

could u plz e-mail me on justgazgaz@hotmail.com....

but i just wonder how fast a moderator would react if u did link the warez site.....much faster than they react when paying customers are asking for help or even just asking if the problem is being looked into

Disable your physical drives in device manager. Thanks to the one who helped me smile_o.gif

this really does work....it took a few times but it does it.....

thanx airstar...i can now finally play a game that i payed for...

perhaps if anyone from securom and BIS are reading this they will see how easy it is to get around there waste of time copy protection crap....this isnt even a crack its just altering reg values....it makes me laugh how simple it has been done rofl.gif

oh and i would like to finally say.....what a great game i now have

I have seen the info on a forum, its a well known warez info site. Basically the pirates are playing the game no worries at all, patched to 1.05 AND online, while us legit users are being shafted.

This is the story with all games with any kind of copy protection. It's easy to bypass any copy protection with an illegal copy of the game, while the copy protection gives legitimate buyers a world of trouble.

This is the same old story with any game, and some publishers have simply stopped using copy protection all together. And I wish more would, as the "protection" it gives is just theoretical.

Same issue as all here, shame I had to goto a warez site for 'Tech Support' of my legitimate copy.. confused_o.gif

it does work.......ur just not doing it right

yea it does work if this is the same prob you have after 1.05

Im now awaiting an official fix/patch, hopefully sooner than 1.06,, if thats a full bug/performance patch (but Id assume this will be fixed asap if the number of us effected is relativley large)

Just got a new secuROM error. It says "A required security module cannot be activated.

This program cannot be executed (12003)."

I do have my disk in drive and I am not using any images like some of you. I start my game and it just pops-up this error message. This is getting very irritating. banghead.gif  That long list of fixed bugs make me want to test ArmA with new patch. sad_o.gif

This is the same old story with any game, and some publishers have simply stopped using copy protection all together. And I wish more would, as the "protection" it gives is just theoretical.

I think the theory is that it makes it incovenient for the casual copier. Someone who knows just enough to drive Nero but not much else. Sure, it won't stop the determined thief. But I remember reading somewhere on Usernet that most copy protection schemes only have to protect the game for the first xx amount of months. By then the people that were going to buy the game anyway will have bought it. I'm sure I'm not explaining it right but that was the gist.

WINNER708, I'm not sure what the heck you just posted but it looks like an encoding issue - please use english when posting in this area of the forum. If I misread it, please disregard.

To everyone else:

Discussion of cracks is forbidden on these boards. You're all walking a very fine line here, so I'm not going to ban anybody just yet.

This might be a little different than normal though Franze. I actually had to make an image (actually two images but I deleted the first one) to circumvent SecuRom. It's not really a normal situation because for some people trying to play with the disc in the drive is making it unplayable.

It's so completely bizarre that I had to do exactly what SecuRom was supposed to stop to get the game to be playable for me again.

Maybe they should go down the path of Supreme Commander, they just released a patch that removes the securom CP.

Just to end my story... today I got 2 mails (one from morphicon and one from securom) where I asked as well and where sent them the requested logfiles. In my case the culprit was running process explorer which was stated here in the thread already and what I was also able to confirm after testing. So while morphicon was a little bit "general" in his answer to stop applications like yasu or tools like procexp, Securom defined it correctly by naming process explorer and explaining in what to do. So anybody still having the problem with such SecuROM message I recommend to ask them by generating the analysis file (right click arma.exe in the installed folder and in the context menu click at "Launch Analysis". This will generate the error message in the beginning as if you want to start the game and then it will write a log and pop up with a message box about the reports name and location. Attach this file to an email with a short description of the problem and send it to support@securom.com .

Just my 2 cents

Andre

Securom AAARGHH! I have same problems with securom, sometimes I get error messages that I use nocd crack, I dont have disc in drive or I use emulation software. It is very annoying when suddenly ArmA crashes by securom error.. Sometimes ArmA wont start because securom.. I have sent email to 505 and securom but I havent got any answers yet..

Securom error

WinXP

MSI GF7950GT 512MB HD-PCI-e

Intel Dual Core E6600 2.40GHz

2048MB (2x1GB Kingston 800MHz)

Abit AB9 Intel 965 LGA775

LG GSA H12LB DVDRW

ArmA 1.05 (505GAMES EURO 1.04 updated to 1.05)

pistols.gif Securom