deleted all my user profiles

deleted folder where mpmissionscache is

uninstalled OpenAL

deleted OpenAL32.dll and OpenAL92.new dunno what this new is

Installed ArmA

and patched it

now it works... hope i can help with this some people

Sentry

Nice to know Sentry, but I believe BIS is going to release patch to fix this secuROM issue. I'll just wait for the official response and fix on this. smile_o.gif

Man this is really annoying.

I can't start the game and always get the "can't load security module blah blah" message.

I uninstalled d-tools, sptd, cleaned my registry from all the rest, uninstalled and reinstalled arma but everytime the same message.

Arma isn't even trying to access the dvd, because the message appears with or without the dvd and there is no access to it. sad_o.gif

It seems that d-tools isn't the problem at all, because even after uninstalling, reg-cleaning and starting with the original dvd it doesn't work.

I hope BIS fixes this thing fast so i can play it again. smile_o.gif

Some things to try out.

Daemon Tools installed:

Uninstall Arma and clean install folder. You do not have to delete your profile folder!

-

Disable all Virtual drives (Set number of devices - disable) in the DT tray menue.

-

Open Device manager and 'disable' the virtual drive there as well.

It will be named differently on every machine.

(Mine = TA5536S VCH153V SCSI CdRom Device)

-

Remove your physical DVD-Rom drive in device manager

(uninstall) and reboot.

-

After reboot, open device manager and verify, your physical

DVD-Rom drive gets the first drive letter after your HDDs.

If it does not get the letter, change it manually.

-

Install Arma - start once - reboot - patch 1.05

-

*Optitional*

Enable Virtual drive in device manager

Enable Virtual drive (Set number of devices - 1 drive) in the DT tray menue.

(Should get drive letter right after physical drive. If not, change it)

----------------------

Daemon Tools *not* installed:

Uninstall Arma and clean install folder. You do not have to delete your profile folder!

-

Remove your physical DVD-Rom drive in device manager

(uninstall) and reboot.

-

After reboot, open device manager and verify, your physical

DVD-Rom drive gets the first drive letter after your HDDs.

If it does not get the letter, change it manually.

-

Install Arma - start once - reboot - patch 1.05

Nice to know Sentry, but I believe BIS is going to release patch to fix this secuROM issue. I'll just wait for the official response and fix on this. smile_o.gif

im glad some of u guys have found fixes,and poro.....where havu got this info???i do hope its true.i wish BIS could confirm what is going on

Jesus, that's terrible. I use daemon tools almost exclusively for watching movies. I don't have cable TV cause most shows on TV are crap and I haven't used a TV in a long time. Moving a disc from its case to the DVD drive puts a lot of wear on it over time, and spinning it up and down will do the same.

When you're the kind of person who will watch the 298 minute roadshow import version of Lawrence of Arabia (my favourite movie) 3 times in a row in a single day, this is obviously not good.

Daemon tools has its uses to me, and those uses far outweight playing ArmA.

At this point the choice is for BIS/505 to either roll back my securom version to the one used before the patch, or to crack the game.

Or, and I say this with all due respect, face a lawsuit. Canadian law specifically allows media-to-media transfer. To say that I am no longer do something I am legally entitled to do because the gamebox and support patches contain no disclaimer that they'll render my game unplayable if I do it is, I know for a fact, against the law. Imagine buying a car and after you drive it off the lot it won't start. Then you find out that if you ever park your car outside, it simply won't start. You have to park it inside in a garage every time, or it finds the cold air around it and assumes it's been stolen. There's no advertisement for this safety "feature" and the lot tells you it can't give you a full refund on a pre-owned car. Your choice is to either get screwed on a sale for less-than-value-paid or be stuck with a paperweight.

At this point now it's almost just a matter of principal more than anything else. Screwing over people to stop warez groups that will warez it anyway is almost retarded. I'm about 99% certain that if I want to continue taking care of my movie collection I will need to crack this game, but the problem with that is I'm worried I'll be blacklisted in MP games.

So, so fucking frustrating.

So, so fucking frustrating.

Lol.

I used to play BF2 a lot until the disc developed a crack from spinning in the drive for hours and hours. I dled Alcohol and did a 1:1 backup of it to make sure I could install it again and I have been using daemon ever since so I needn't wear out my discs.

I won't be sacrificing daemon (and, logically following from this, BF2 + Oblivion + my whole disc collection) for ArmA. I guess I will just have to try and get a refund for my game or sell it off to some dupe.

Quote[/b] ]I used to play BF2 a lot until the disc developed a crack from spinning in the drive for hours and hours. I dled Alcohol and did a 1:1 backup of it to make sure I could install it again and I have been using daemon ever since so I needn't wear out my discs.

Yep. That is exactly why I won't uninstall DT or Alcohol.

Quote[/b] ]I won't be sacrificing daemon (and, logically following from this, BF2 + Oblivion + my whole disc collection) for ArmA. I guess I will just have to try and get a refund for my game or sell it off to some dupe.

The problem is most places won't refund an open product, just exchange it for the same product if it's software. And if you sell it, you lose money, which is bullshit.

I have the same error.

Not running ANYTHING on this system - it's pretty clean for performance reasons.

I understand DRM as I work in the SW industry and am against piracy. Unfortuantely, this is just a case of bad QA and implementation. It needs to be fixed ASAP as I'm sitting here with an unplayable game.

I love ArmA but the 1.05 patch just made things a lot worse. I have upgraded an old system to run as a dedicated server and I'm coming to the realization that I may have wasted my money.

Can someone please post something to say that they're doing something about it? Please?

I should note that I am actually getting two errors now.

After messing with it a bit, I started getting the same "a required security module could not be activated garbage".

It seems to be totally random as to whether or not it detects emulation software running or if it tells me a required security module could not be loaded. Probably not actually random, but who knows.

I've tried other things too with the help of daemon tools. I've actually taken my hard copy of the game and made a disc image to see if I could unplug my IDE optical drive and use the image on an emulated SCSI drive to "trick" securom into thinking it was the actual disc. No, this doesn't work either. I also tried denying permission for the registry keys for the SCSI emulated drive. This also does not work.

Both of these are solutions I found on daemon tool's homepage. Unfortunately neither of them work but it's a whole lot more of a response I got then sending off my analysis file to SecuRom's or emailing 505, which has so far been absolutely NOTHING.

I wish somebody from the BI team would at least reassure us they're looking into the issue or something, trying to sort out what happened with the retailers.

Apparently some people have two registry keys for starforce after the patch now, too? Are they conflicting? Is each patch updating the DRM programs now we've got like two copies of securom and two copies of starforce all going apeshit?

If that's sarcastic, I definitely agree.

If that's not meant to be sarcastic... uh, I really don't know what to say.

You know it's funny because I'm in the business -- sort of -- I'm an artist, so I know the importance of protecting your works. But when you make getting at the work so frustrating that people will just go elsewhere, it's completely counter-intuitive.

I bet a large part of BI's not responding to this topic so far is they probably assume all of us in this thread are thieves looking for help.

I was able to play arma for about a day after getting rid of daemon tools and alchohol.then i got the same 5024 error again.I saw in another thread ,someone saying that securom does'nt like sysinternals programs.I realised i had just run "sysinternals process explorer to shut down some programs.

It seems that every time i run it i get the securom error 5024.I just reeboot and dont use it and i can start arma.I even reinstalled Daemon tools and arma runs.

I've never used sysinternals before. I'm still bouncing back and forth between getting "emulation software detected" and the 5024 error.

Hell, even before, when the invalid CD key problem was supposedly fixed, I would still get it about 25% of the time when attempting to host a game on the internet (never when I joined a multiplayer game though). It's like BI/505/SecuRom is hellbent on calling me a thief. Half makes me wish the code was a living thing so I could ram my buddy's paypal receipts down its throat =/

This is really confusing, I've got the german DVD version patched to 1.05 and running Daemon Tools 4.08HE without any problems.

There's no hiding Tool like YASU etc. running and ArmA runs everytime with no problems.

BUT...

If I ran YASU, I get the 5023 Error (A security module can not be loaded). After removing YASU ArmA starts up again with no problems.

I never ever seen that 5024 error though nor I was able to find any informations about it.

I have no Alcohol installed but Nero (without the virtual drive).

Edit I: I enabled all emulation options in Daemon Tools, in the options I enabled all except the 'In-use check'.

i have the same problem tho it is intermitant.

error code 1000

reboot machine and arma works fine.

i put it down to the fact i use a USB dvd drive. obviously not that judging by sheer volume of complaints.

It's too bad because usually when you see complaints like this, there's a thread of commonality to them and you can pinpoint the issue. In case any BI devteam member is reading this, so far we have:

-People who are running daemon tools with ArmA running

-People who are not running daemon tools with ArmA running

-People who do not even have daemon tools installed

are experiencing errors relating to:

-Backup discs being used (IIRC that is error 1000 in SecuRom)

-Emulation software running (even when it's not)

-Various different forms of the same "a security module could not be loaded" error, each with varying numbers afterwards (5023, 5024, etc.)

and have:

-Upgraded from 1.04 to 1.05

-Upgraded from 1.02 to 1.05

and some have found:

-That uninstalling Daemon Tools completely works fine

-That uninstalling Daemon Tools completely will not stop the problem

-That Daemon Tools can be run with the game running

I just wish we could pin this to one specific cause. Right now it seems completely random and all over the map.

Searching for the problem and a solution and what could cause it I read on DT forum that the securom used in 1.05 was different from the one used in version 1.04. Perhaps a modified exe running the other version of securom would fix this problem as it seems this newer securom is very (randomly) restrictive.

Im having these same problems. Its sad. I feel like im just buring my money away.

I just wish we could pin this to one specific cause. Right now it seems completely random and all over the map.

hey man....i think ive pinned it........SECUROM SUCKS ASS

Securom's not nearly as bad as Starforce, but in terms of copy protection Safedisc seems to be the best, least intrusive form of copy protection.

The answer is simple, your games are infected with the malware known as securom. It should not be long before there are clean versions of the game exe floating around on places like game copy world (if not already). Once you get one of these exes your game should run fine again.  smile_o.gif

Hehe i can't believe it... it's running now. biggrin_o.gif

I've tried everything from reinstalling arma, uninstalling d-tools, registry cleaning and nothing helps.

Than i read from Sibe that he experienced a correlation between sysinternal process explorer and securom.

I use process explorer for a long time, because it's the best task manager replacement out there so i gave it a try.

And he was right, after reboot normaly i run process explorer in the background and this time i didn't. Arma starts without any error message for the first time since 1.05. yay.gif

It seems that securom detects process explorer like some kind of debugger, which is not allowed for securom applications.

Even after i closed process explorer it won't run anymore until i reboot my pc and NEVER run it since reboot.

I hope this helps some of you out there. smile_o.gif

Now i try to install d-tools and see what happens if i just have them running, but use the original dvd, because i don't want to miss d-tools for other purposes. wink_o.gif

OK i'm now quite happy how the things are at the moment.

After installing D-Tools Arma still runs when not using sysinternals process explorer.

I can play Arma and use d-tools for other things which is ok, but not perfect.

I hate it that i can't run my beloved process explorer anymore when i want to play Arma. confused_o.gif

But i hope this will be possible again in the near future. icon_rolleyes.gif

PS: A friend has the same behaviour with d-tools and process explorer like me with Arma.