Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.05 Server Appearing/Dissapearing

Our servers work well but after 30min or so they vanish from the game browser list.. although it says they are still active. :/

UDP ports 2300-2350 are open and the servers are reporting but after 30min or so they vanish

Does anyone know why

confused_o.gif

we had this on our 1.04 servers too!!

havent tried it in 1.05 yet! huh.gif

How did you sort your server out, if you did sort it out huh.gif

Any Ideas if this is a problem?

We are using:

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com"; to report to the master server)

or do we have to use:

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com"; to report to the master server huh.gif

Could this be courseing the server not to show in the ingame browers after 30min

nevermind this doesnt work huh.gif

even though it sed it was running but clearly not showing up!!

so we just restarted it anyway!! wink_o.gif

not a solution-just a workround!!! banghead.gif

Yeah this is really annoying :\ we've tried everything to get it to work but it just dissapears from the list :\ and that means we cant get many public players in the server :\

Heya, im the Admin of the SWAF servers and together with the hosting company i investigated this deeply now. We found out that everything is setup and working correctly from our server side.

By using an packet sniffer we filtered the relevant data packets out and followed thier way. Our server is reporting correctly to gamespy. Gamespy is publishing his IP to the ingame browsers and the game clients start to send asking 'whats your status' packets to our server. Our server sends correctly answer packets back to these clients. So far everything works as it should but after a random time ~5-30min the clients stop to ask and the server disappears from the gamespy list.

How or why we dont know, but it seems that Gamespy is deleting our servers from thier database. All further reporting packets from our servers to gamespy seem to be ignored then. Only a server restart brings back the server to the gamespy list.

Anyone having an advice ? help.gif

Does Anyone else get this.. anyone.. any advice??? BIS?

This is killing us banghead.gifsad_o.gif

Does Anyone else get this.. anyone.. any advice??? BIS?

This is killing us banghead.gifsad_o.gif

Your not kidding mate!!!

as i dont have access to our main server setup etc(only main man and he aint about 24/7)

all i can do is stop/start when the rest of our clan can't see the public server listed!

but thats not to say that i've just pissed off half the public happily playing on it! just cause we cant see it!! banghead.gif

The Problem is still happening, doesnt matter what we try. I even deactivated the Firewall but it doesnt helps. The servers still vanish from the list after 10-30minutes.

I found this on an Buglist from 1.01:

Quote[/b] ]When hosting a dedicated server [v1.01.5099] Beta and reporting to master.gamespy.com, armedass.master.gamespy.com, armedass.ms12.gamespy.com and armedass.available.gamespy.com the server is dropped from the GameSpy server list after a random time for no apparent reason. The said dropped server can still be reached and joined via Remote IP and also on the the LAN interface. It is beleived that something is halting the heartbeat UDP packets sent to the GameSpy master server(s). No Router, firewall, packet filtering hardware devices attached. This issue also appeared in previous dedicated server [v1.01.5094] on (2) other known dedicated servers. [updated: 12.09.2006] --

This is exactly what is happening to us using 1.05 Dedicated Server now.

I just finished another Network monitoring session. The Server is sending every 20 seconds a packet to the gamespy server but then suddenly he stops. Reason unknown  sad_o.gif

/edit

Reported to the Bugtracker now.

Yeah i really hope it gets fixed one way or another .. sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

Our server suffer as well under 1.05, moreso than on 1.04.

Im gong to end up publishing the servers IP & port on pour server status page.

Atleast its good to know that we arent the only ones who have this problem. I really started to become crazy. I was not far away from completely reinstalling the host machine banghead.gif

Some technical specs our host machine:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+

2GB Ram

NVidia Nforce Chipset

NVidia GF 6150

Onboard NVidia Nforce Ethernet Adapter

Windows XP Prof. SP2 incl. newest MS updates

Yeah we have tried both English and German Versions of the Game on the server and still get the same problem. banghead.gif

Well after the checks which Nightmare + the hosting company did im pretty sure its an issue with ArmA. It happens regularly at roughly a similar time, gamespy just stops asking for the status, so it just dissapears from the list. Its really hurting our experience of the game as its hard to play together + for large scale games its impossible sad_o.gif

Though if u could post ur server spec Rambo we could try and see if theres anything which matches up.. if not... BIS need to investigate this...

i just wanted to report that my server does the same thing.

mine seems to take a day or so, so i wonder if it is related to the number of peeps that are connected.

my server isnt that busy, maybe 15-20 players a day at its peak but usually around 5-8 a day on average.

czech version.

quad (p3) box

3 gig of ram

i just wanted to report that my server does the same thing.

mine seems to take a day or so, so i wonder if it is related to the number of peeps that are connected.

my server isnt that busy, maybe 15-20 players a day at its peak but usually around 5-8 a day on average.

czech version.

quad (p3) box

3 gig of ram

Nah we tested it with just me on the server, also with a 5-6 people on.. huh.gif

hey all!  good to know more people have this problem (?)

anyways, i was interested of the performance of the server, when its 'dissapearing'..

The players on that server, do they get some performance issues?

because when this dissapear happens to my server, it doesnt take more than 4 minutes before all players are disconnected or lost connection.

but i have GOOD NEWS smile_o.gif

i released a nightly build of my server control tool.

http://www.armedassault.eu/forum....t_13688

arma_control.gif

this tool checks your server via UDP query.

if the query gets NO response, the server will be restarted.

it logs pids and has a automated crash posting and central banlist feature.

it has the ability to close those annoying 'notice' windows on a server start too!

mission_mp_bug.gif

the tool is around 3 mb, and u dont need .NET

Remember, its a NIGHTLY (drunken) BUILD!

the restart functions are stable, so u can use it on a live box, when you dont use any other options as pidscan and error submission.

hope this helps a bit against the frustration of the issue....

Thanks for your reply. Nice prog good work mate.

Only thing is our server is stable and people play without problems on it while the UDP query stops. So your prog would possibly kill a game in progress sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

BIS fix the dedicated Server, this is killing us !!!

Dont ask, i think i wasted three or four evenings on this  banghead.gif

Thx for your reply. As more people complain as sooner BIS will fix it ... hopefully  icon_rolleyes.gif