Sign in to follow this  
pappi_man

Trubleshooting In Lan and Internet.

Hi I'm new at Bohemia Interactive Forums and I've have played Operation FlashPoint since Bohemia released it. And couple days ago I bought ArmA and my bro bought ArmA too. I though we could be together with no problems. In LAN of course.

There were no problems, but my slow machine can't handle Grass.

I noticed in every Server has Grass and LAN.

It's really annoying when playing FPS 10 or lower. Without Grass I can handle FPS 30 or more.

So I hope Bohemia Add Server option [Grass OFF] [Grass ON].

Please Bohemia make this so I and Bro can play together again.

I believe many others who have Low ended Machine can't handle Grass well. In multiplayer.

[Right now I'm just making Custom Missions Waiting Bohemia add Grass OFF In 1.5 Patch]

OR If there is a way Server host can disable Grass I'd be Super Happy.

-P.S Sorry Bad English

apparently, if you set land to low detail in 1.05 the grass goes off, however keep in mind servers can enforce grass to be on (as far as i understood)

apparently, if you set land to low detail in 1.05 the grass goes off, however keep in mind servers can enforce grass to be on (as far as i understood)

that is correct, in multiplayer, you will take over the servers configuration for grass. This should be put in the servers config file.

Ok, so answer his (and my) question. How do you set the server side grass off (nondedicated server, just when hosting). For example I load the game, play single player and I have no grass. When I switch to MP and host a game, I have grass again. How do I stop that?

Ok, so answer his (and my) question.  How do you set the server side grass off (nondedicated server, just when hosting).   For example I load the game, play single player and I have no grass.  When I switch to MP and host a game, I have grass again.  How do I stop that?

Can either be solved by editing the mission to execute the command:

setTerrainGrid 50

or by using your 1337 h4x MP console to do the same thing.

I'm not sure if you can define this in the server config itself, but putting that line in a mission [init.sqs would do I imagine] will work.