Sign in to follow this  
CoolSprog

The Entire Campaign *May be Spoilers*

I personally, have put the campaign on hold until bugs are fixed, as at the moment its a total joke. Im not that far in and so far:

Sanitry Operations: some of the enemys fled, god knows where, so i had to keep restarting until all were killed before they could run.

Ammunition Dumps: i had to go on a hunting spree because the special forces that were supposed to be attacking the base i was defending, decided to camp out in a field by the near town.

Awakening: My main objective was to get into a truck, and go collect bravo squad. Upon getting there Bravo squad decided to run the near 2k marathon, leaving me to return back to base with an empty truck, where i was then greeted with a "mission complete".

All this coupled along side waypoints not updating, loss of sound, AI refusing to follow orders, ect, until these bugs are fixed the story line just wont ever match upto OFPs amazingly immersive one.

Your comments folks? smile_o.gif

CoolSprog

Your comments folks? smile_o.gif

It gets even worse when you get further into the campaign. A lot of bugs which really spoil the whole campaign, so far the campaign has been a major dissapointment to me confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

The campaign has potential. The missions are OK but yeah, they feel rushed and incomplete. Thank god for CWR mod biggrin_o.gif

The campaign has potential. The missions are OK but yeah, they feel rushed and incomplete. Thank god for CWR mod biggrin_o.gif

We don't need the CWR mod for this. BIS needs to get a fix out for the campaign up as soon as possible.

I might just be lucky but the campaign worked fine for me tounge2.gif Sure it has bugs and glitches in but you can work around it ... I'm just not to sure about my group seeing enemy AI and then standing still waiting to be shot crazy_o.gif But, like you say ... I'm sure the patches will fix some of these issues smile_o.gif

Personally I love the campaign, I have the 505 version so maybe they just updated it, but I think it's great. I've only had 1 buggy mission, which is 'Counter Attack', and I should think I am over half way by now (I'm on the attack not defence). It's different to CWC in that you dont get to meet any characters, it seems to be a different one each time, but it feels very realistic and I have loved all the missions so far. The three missions CoolSprog has commented on ran without problem for me. Great job BIS I say.

Personally I love the campaign, I have the 505 version so maybe they just updated it, but I think it's great. I've only had 1 buggy mission, which is 'Counter Attack', and I should think I am over half way by now (I'm on the attack not defence).

After counter attack things are going bad for me. Forgot the names of the missions but the Cobra gunship mission was just horrible. Then there's the set of missions starting with the refugee camp mission which are really buggy for me (wrong dialogs, waypoints not working etc.). I stopped from here because it is just a waste to continue playing...

I have the 505 version and its buggy as hell too (the missions are, the game itself seems pretty good). I have the same problems as most people on here with most of the same missions. Whoever wrote the missions simply didn't test them. Also some of the missions are just plain lame. Drive a truck to the airport to pick up a squad and drive them back, then your missions done? You don't even have to fire a shot? Are you serious? What the hell kind of a mission is that?

If you had to rate the campains from Op Flashpoint and ArmA on a scale of 1 to 10 this is how I'd rate them:

Operation Flashpoint original 9

Operation Flashpoint Resistence 10

ArmA 4

Once you take into consideration the bugs with the ArmA campain then the score would just have to drop to a zero since its unplayable without using the cheatcode to end missions.

If they release an expansion campain for ArmA I won't be the first one to buy it that's for sure. I'll be waiting to see what the feedback is from players. It better be a hell of a lot better. I still love this game as I know once some of the AI bugs get fixed, the community will make great missions. But not having a decent campain really sucks.

Not forgetting the mission after you discover the refugee camp, then the RACS attack you for no particular reason... Then you hear nothing more about it?!?

The campaign was insulting IMO. Still, I didn't buy ArmA for the campaign...

The campaign was a trainwreck. I managed to finish it, but dude, there are some kilometer wide holes lurking below the surface.

I didn't like the campaign one bit, so i just skipped all missions just to watch the cut scenes and to see how it ended :/ i just don't like the way its made [Character Switching, Sub Missions to the main mission ] thats just not my stile of a story.

i liked CWC where you were one Character going up the ranks, then you switched for a couple of missions to another guy who was tanker and seen his story.. even the Red Hammer Campaign was better than this..

Quote[/b] ] even Red Hammer Campaign was better than this..

Hey! I liked Red Hammer, at least until I switched sides(Bah!wink_o.gif

I don't understand the end of the campaign, the RACS attack you without reason and then nothing. Damn at least tell me why I had to kill them...