Sign in to follow this  
Jblack

Were the units with the ACU vest ever released?

Actually you're not, the cav patch is reversed, and is different than the combat one...

and since when do people on SOC wear SFG combat patches?

Reversed ? Of course it is, because they are on different arm.  wink_o.gif

no, the horse faces the same direction...there are two different patches.

Quote[/b] ]On 04 July 2004 when all of the elements and attached units of the 1st Cavalry Division deployed in Operation Iraqi Freedom II were recognized for their first 90 days of combat service in a special ceremony, the Division broke tradition, designed and issued a new shoulder patch to be worn on the individuals right sleeve. The 1st Cavalry Division Combat Patch is a "mirror image," of the Division Patch in that the silhouette of the horse head and diagonal line across the gold background was reversed so it points forward when worn on the right army of the uniform. It is the same concept as utilized to display the US flag when worn on the right arm, in the field of stars in the flag is on the upper-right hand corner of the patch. It may look backwards, but the flag billowing toward the back of the soldier indicates he is always advancing, never retreating."

Source: http://www.first-team.us/journals/1stndx15.html

your proof isn't proof at all. why would you argue with two people that are actually in the U.S. Army?  those pictures are of people that obviously don't have the updated patch.  the horse is supposed to always face FORWARD.  how hard is that to comprehend? try not to be so offended when people try to HELP you.

I am offended ? Omfg, where ?

I just didn´t understand exactly what you said before...nothing more. smile_o.gif (I am not from country where the ENGLISH is official language)

Have a nice day. welcome.gif

Kind of missed this thread, but yeah, I've done a retex too, but I'm not releasing mine until I can add a rack and get rid of that goddamn USMC helmet.

Anything else seems like a travesty, IMHO.

ACUI-2.jpg

Thanks for the tips on the correct patches. Next time I crack open the .pbo I'll edit them in proper.

Frederf, I was wondering if I could get your permission to publically release my 4th PsyOps Group soldiers which usees your ACU Molle gear, provided I credit you.

Yeah that'll be fine if you do that. Permission given.

If you want to do any more editing on the units (and I have files for medic, engineer, SF, etc) I can lend you the photoshop files (which are nicely layered n' stuff).