Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

unit say "filename"

Im making a mission and i want to use this old command from ofp, but the results are not the same.

the code is:

unit say "filename"

the file name is in .ogg as normal. But the sound don't come from the unit. It looks like its a playsound command instead.

how will i be able to make this work? The sound should came from the unit and it looks like its for general.

what am i doing wrong? huh.gif

edit: i also added the codes in the description file

the code is this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {intromusic};

class intromusic {name="intromusic";sound[]={\sounds\intromusic.ogg,db+20,1.0};titles[] = {};

};

};

Try lowering your Db. The sound may be so loud that it sounds "global". Even try -Db. This has worked for me.

Don't know exactly what you mean with DB. If you could explain.. (sorry for my ignorance).

Though i tryed to lower the volume. Infact i did lower the volume in the editing program but it still does not come from the object nor the unit i pretend. It comes from general as before.. even with sound edited for lower volume.

maybe the frequences and other options must be present when i edit the sound?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Check the ogg file: is it stereo?

I had the same problem, but I don't remember exactly what was the solution, BUT: it your ogg is stereo, try with mono OR if it is mono try with stereo.

My problem was solved with this conversation.

Im using stereo.

Did not try the mono version yet.

Hope thats the problem.

Though it should not be a problem.. confused_o.gif

Trying to remember, but I beleive that I had similiar issues with ofp in getting units to say sounds, and I think that they had to be mono, and also a certain mono setting worked (amongst the many of them) - I wish I could say exactly but its been a long time, a search in Ofp editing area would prolly bring up what ur looking for - provided of course certain setting needed for saounds 'said' by units are same for Arma as they are for Ofp. Gl

yes the sounds have to be mono i think,this is my description.ext,works fine.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {speech,speech2,speech4,speech5};

class speech

{

name = "";

sound[] = {"speech.ogg", db+40, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

0, $STRM_speech

};

};

class speech2

{

name = "";

sound[] = {"speech2.ogg", db+40, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

0, $STRM_speech2

};

};

class speech4

{

name = "";

sound[] = {"speech4.ogg", db+40, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

0, $STRM_speech4

};

};

class speech5

{

name = "";

sound[] = {"speech5.ogg", db+40, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

0, $STRM_speech5

};

};

};

I believe when I was using sounds way back when that I always took my .wave and saved as either (u could try both to be safe) 16 bit or 8 bit, Mono, PCM Signed, and the Signed thing I think was important. I always then converted to .ogg.

Also, when having a unit 'say' a sound, I believe you must have the lip file in there, or else it wont work.

i found the problem or bug (?!wink_o.gif

i can make it work like it should work but i have to use it without any intro.

when i use that comand (unit say "filename") in an intro the sound does not come from the unit but will come from general and much lauder.

any one know why? huh.gif