Sign in to follow this  
Kirq

Crosshair issue

I also think the crosshair could be easily made

less accurate , if it has a circular shape , since nobody can determine precisely where the center is , aiming gets unaccurate.

Maybe a very blurry point would do the job as well.

Amen. The square diameter would depend on you current condition and stance ( wounded, winded, prone, crouching etc ) .

Of course the crosshairs could be made less accurate, don't be silly. All it requires is for it to be placed in a different place than where the player thinks the gun is pointing icon_rolleyes.gif It is way simple to do, just randomly offset it from the real gun direction and re-randomise the offset after each shot or burst.

Well, in this case I would personnaly prefer simply having the gun's Line of Fire indicator removed, and only keep the LoS indicator, like suggested above.

It would only give you a general indicator as to where you aim once you stop, less precise depending on your breath and health condition.

And it can be done easily in a mod or addon, I guess.

This is what I did with I44, and I think its a good compromise. You still get a gist of where you are pointed, without being told exactly where. Too easy maybe?

Precisely what they need to fix is the new ironsights.

it has too much sway, they are clunky, suck, very user unfriendly, not fluid, it sucks.

they should get rid of weapon swy or get back to 2d ironsights.

If not increase accuracy 100% in ironsight mode+ eliminate weapon recoil in a 75%

Ironsight is 100% accurate, it's the most accurate mode you can have.

All in all, you just have hard time fighting to control the weapon, it seems. Looks like you'd hate FDF mod or WGL :P (or a game like Red Orchestra)

All this only reduces your effective range, period. And ArmA is allready easy enough as a camp-game to not add more to it by giving laser accurate weapon at long range, tyvm.

BS.

Ironsight is far from being accurate.

you just have to compare shooting something with m16 in ofp and doing it with m4 laseraim in Arma.

It just sucks, breathing tecniqhue sucks and precisely this increases camping, its arlady near to impossible hitting something in the move... imagine it with that sucky aiming.

it has too much sway, they are clunky, suck, very user unfriendly, not fluid, it sucks.

If not increase accuracy 100% in ironsight mode+ eliminate weapon recoil in a 75%

All in all, you just have hard time fighting to control the weapon, it seems. Looks like you'd hate FDF mod or WGL :P (or a game like Red Orchestra)

All this only reduces your effective range, period. And ArmA is allready easy enough as a camp-game to not add more to it by giving laser accurate weapon at long range, tyvm.

BS.

Ironsight is far from being accurate.

you just have to compare shooting something with m16 in ofp and doing it with m4 laseraim in Arma.

It just sucks, breathing tecniqhue sucks and precisely this increases camping, its arlady near to impossible hitting something in the move... imagine it with that sucky aiming.

It is still the most accurate thing you have at your disposal.

And all your suggestion won't change anything for on the move shooting, and worst, would impact the ease of shoot long range without moving.

I would personnaly prefer simply having the gun's Line of Fire indicator removed, and only keep the LoS indicator

This is what I did with I44, and I think its a good compromise.  You still get a gist of where you are pointed, without being told exactly where.  Too easy maybe?

Hehe, if it does the job that is all I need for sure smile_o.gif but does it? - I mean I am not sure of how the mechanics of it work. If, for instance, the gun stabilises exactly at some point that can be memorised, it might end up only preventing the casual and realism-oriented players from exploiting it and not the more competitive types(who have been known to memorise stuff to the point of being able to hit likely enemy positions beyond visible range by lining up this leaf with that lamp and firing at the point 2 pixels down and to the left) - that would make it quite unfair when they meet...but maybe it doesn't work like that.

Not given this much thought and haven't tested it at all but ... if you turned off the cross-hairs and set your float zone to zero wouldn't this mean that roughly the centre of your screen is where your gun is pointing? I think this would simulate "instinctive shooting" (shooting without the aid of sighting down the barrel) better than messing with the cross-hairs. It would add the skill of judging your shot and also make medium or longer range shots out of the question which they certainly would be in real life.

Im not sure but my accuracy is too bad in the official game, sometimes i can't play comparing with the demo version, i Thing that the accuracy and crosshair is much more better in the Demo version than the offcial game.

I would personnaly prefer simply having the gun's Line of Fire indicator removed, and only keep the LoS indicator

This is what I did with I44, and I think its a good compromise. You still get a gist of where you are pointed, without being told exactly where. Too easy maybe?

Hehe, if it does the job that is all I need for sure smile_o.gif but does it? - I mean I am not sure of how the mechanics of it work. If, for instance, the gun stabilises exactly at some point that can be memorised, it might end up only preventing the casual and realism-oriented players from exploiting it and not the more competitive types(who have been known to memorise stuff to the point of being able to hit likely enemy positions beyond visible range by lining up this leaf with that lamp and firing at the point 2 pixels down and to the left) - that would make it quite unfair when they meet...but maybe it doesn't work like that.

Well, I upped the weapon sway some, too. Might work if you were prone, but not crouched or standing... the gun just wobbles too much to know for sure unless the enemy is close already.

Well, in this case I would personnaly prefer simply having the gun's Line of Fire indicator removed, and only keep the LoS indicator, like suggested above.

That would make sense and would satisfy people looking for extra visual cues as to the gun direction.

This doesn't work - believe me I've tried it. It's still just as accurate since the line of fire always aligns with the line of sight, at least to the same relative position every time, unless you have free-look enabled. If anything it only becomes more accurate because it eliminates recoil (and weapon sway) on the crosshair, while it may not indicate exactly where the rounds are going, it doesn't move as much (the rounds will still end up hitting the crosshair too, as long as the weapon isn't recoiling or recovering from recoil). It's even worse for weapons with very little recoil.

That would make sense and would satisfy people looking for extra visual cues as to the gun direction.

This doesn't work - believe me I've tried it. It's still just as accurate since the line of fire always aligns with the line of sight, at least to the same relative position every time, unless you have free-look enabled. If anything it only becomes more accurate because it eliminates recoil (and weapon sway) on the crosshair, while it may not indicate exactly where the rounds are going, it doesn't move as much (the rounds will still end up hitting the crosshair too, as long as the weapon isn't recoiling or recovering from recoil). It's even worse for weapons with very little recoil.

More accurate? I edited my config in OFP back when I played it, also increased weapon sway just a little. It encourages you to use your sights more, yet still gives you a way of telling approximately where you are aiming. With the increased weapon sway the bit in the centre (which you now can't see) is moving around a bit so will not always be exactly in the centre of the outer part of the crosshair.

It worked well, I wish ArmA would do that by default. I guess the increased weapon sway (it wasn't increased much, just a little) helped aswell though.

More accurate? I edited my config in OFP back when I played it, also increased weapon sway just a little. It encourages you to use your sights more, yet still gives you a way of telling approximately where you are aiming. With the increased weapon sway the bit in the centre (which you now can't see) is moving around a bit so will not always be exactly in the centre of the outer part of the crosshair.

It worked well, I wish ArmA would do that by default. I guess the increased weapon sway (it wasn't increased much, just a little) helped aswell though.

Well, I guess what I meant was it made it easier to aim because it didn't move and was steady when you placed it over your target. I don't know how it will work in ArmA, but when I tried it in OFP it didn't make crosshair aiming any less accurate.

300m shots without sighting using the crosshairs is just wrong.

Turning crosshairs off is a semi crap solution because I have a hard time even knowing if it's pointed at my toe or hat brim. The gun is reallly far off screen. Same goes for those M203 shots. If the gun was up kinda in my hands so I could feel where it was pointed, fine, but without any crosshairs it's bad.

A decent solution is have the crosshair fade away when zooming in.

I dunno, just seems slightly off and as an avid ArmA fan could definately stand improvment.

i agree.

weapon sway and things like make it harder which is good. i like a challenge.

Well, I guess what I meant was it made it easier to aim because it didn't move and was steady when you placed it over your target. I don't know how it will work in ArmA, but when I tried it in OFP it didn't make crosshair aiming any less accurate.

It won't make things less accurate, but just remove a visible reference, forcing player to guess more where the shot will be, so effectively reducing player's accuracy (not the weapon, the player accuracy wink_o.gif )

300m shots without sighting using the crosshairs is just wrong.

Turning crosshairs off is a semi crap solution because I have a hard time even knowing if it's pointed at my toe or hat brim. The gun is reallly far off screen. Same goes for those M203 shots. If the gun was up kinda in my hands so I could feel where it was pointed, fine, but without any crosshairs it's bad.

A decent solution is have the crosshair fade away when zooming in.

I dunno, just seems slightly off and as an avid ArmA fan could definately stand improvment.

That's my exact reasons for disabling the crosshairs. If I want to hit something I goto my sights. IF I want to supress something, I aim down my rifle and zoom, I'll then just correct my bead as I fire.

The 203 takes a little time of the range to master. But hey you want to improve, put some time into the weapon. There's no need to change anything.

The crosshair is an helping aide, if you don't like it turn it off.