Sign in to follow this  
GrimErazer

Lapland war 1944 - 1945

<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Blue'>Lapland war 1944 - 1945 proceeding</span></span>

lapwar_ban2.jpg

Our Lapland war based WW2 project for OFP, designed to run uder combination of FDFmod & Invasion44, is proceeding on little by little.

Some information is readable in FDFmod forum:

http://forums.fdfmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32

We also have further intention to proceed later into ArmA.

wink_o.gif

Sounds great! FDF is what has kept me playing OFP for so long, so new content is always great!

What's the plan exactly, release it for OFP and then port it over to ArmA?

Sounds and looks great. With that island i hope theres going to be a winter version? I just love the whole winter theme for games and it seems to be neglected but FDF hadmade the best winter islands in ofp, would be nice to see another.

What's the plan exactly, release it for OFP and then port it over to ArmA?

As you said it: we're planning to release an island and some missions on it for OFP (a Lapland war campaign is also under process), and later we intend to proceed to ArmA when the tools will become available (and surely we will be depending on FDFmod & Invasion44 releases for ArmA).

Quote[/b] ]With that island i hope theres going to be a winter version?

I dare not yet promise anything (but I have to admit to been interested to make out a winter version too), it simply isn't on the priority of our list at the moment. We will yet consider this much later.

Does this mean that "Invasion44" is not doing "invasion"

material for ArmA?

No, it does not.

We do strictly independent work on our OFP project with permission of both FDFmod and Invasion44, concetrating only on the Finnish vs. German war in Lapland during the WW2.

Invasion 1944 team as well as FDFmod team has their own ArmA projects under developing, and which we do not take part into in any way at this time.

looks good mate. keep up thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, all! wink_o.gif

I've followed this mod for a little while now, are you planning on using German units from the recent Invasion 1944 release?

I could see easily see Heer, late-war SS and Luftwaffe Field troops being used.

...are you planning on using German units from the recent Invasion 1944 release?

I could see easily see Heer, late-war SS and Luftwaffe Field troops being used.

Score! smile_o.gif Those are the units we need to perform as German 20:th Mountain Army units in Lapland.

That's very good to hear. I hope you can incorporate some of those addons soon, seeing those along with Fdf's work would be a perfect match.

What about Opel Blitz/Kubelwagen from Liberation mod?

What about Opel Blitz/Kubelwagen from Liberation mod?

We have no intention to use any LibMod material in our project, for it unfortunately makes things even more complex than it already is. However, Inv44 (Alpha v2.40) already does have very good vehicles - including Opels and Kübelwagens - , so I believe we will be quite happy with them!

wink_o.gif

I understand, from the screenshots I thought I saw mostly older WWIIEC vehicles so I wanted to ask. The vehicles included in the Invasion 1944 alpha would be a great choice smile_o.gif

I understand, from the screenshots I thought I saw mostly older WWIIEC vehicles so I wanted to ask. The vehicles included in the Invasion 1944 alpha would be a great choice smile_o.gif

The early testings of our island were made by FDFmod 1.4 with Inv44 v1.2 demo for those screenshots, so the vehicles you mentioned indeed are the older versions. Also some suitable WWIIEC vehiles were tested then.

There will be yet some process to make mod objects compatible, so no promise for FDFmod & Inv44 v2.5 running smooth together will be given. But you can trust to hear, when all goes well...!

The subtopic seriously needs to be changed to stop people thinking that Inv44 and FDFMOD are working together much less that this is an "official" FDFMOD thingie. wink_o.gif

The subtopic seriously needs to be changed to stop people thinking that Inv44 and FDFMOD are working together much less that this is an "official" FDFMOD thingie. wink_o.gif

True, but not possible to do by the user...

And yet, do not be surpriced if you some day saw some works of this project under the actual FDFmod...!

But still this can yet be mentioned: FDFmod and Inv44 are not working together, but this is a fully separate project in order to build up island and missions about the Lapland war. wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Blue'>Some new screenshots from an animation of our project:</span></span>

- new address coming soon -

wink_o.gif

Looking for: German WW2 music / songs for missions:

If you know some address, or you could provide us some WW2 era music or songs, please contact us! wink_o.gif

Thanks!

Very nice and detailed information there, I especially enjoyed the photo galleries. It's a very interesting conflict, I'm glad to see it being re-created from OFP.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"Tanne Ost" getting closer</span>

Suursaari, Finland 1944 - "Calm before the storm"

Suurs_foto01b.jpg

Oberleutnant Wilhelm Müller, Lieutenant-Colonel Martti J. Miettinen and Lieutenant Esko Palokangas

-

Tornio_Raumo14.jpg

(OFPCAT Waffen-SS units with Inv44 Opel truck)

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Tornio island developing: Yli-Raumo village</span>

wink_o.gif

Looks like your making good progress smile_o.gif

I'm very afraid to see, that a new project for OFP is coming smile_o.gif i hope you finished it and i can play it.

Good luck

Imutep