Sign in to follow this  
kroky

House Position #1, #2, #3

Does anybody succeed in using this new commands?

Every time I order my AI soldiers to go to this positions (particularly inhouse positions, within a building) he would answer negative. So what are these new commands good for?

Ok I add an answer myself since I found out that simply sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Cannot tell when exactly it works and when not. But i suppose it has to do with the fact that when buildings are too near to other buildings AI would not find the path to get into the building.

BIS: Would be nice when giving the order 1...8 take cover, when AI then would garrison the buildings. Or even do it by themselves when 7...2 danger. (See SLX mod for OFP)

Another thing: I can't believe the bug survived 6 years:

- When switching from your primary gun which is on burst to i.e. AT4 launcher and then back to your primary gun. You have again single shot.

Can't believe BIS didn't sort this out from OFP 1.00 to OFP 1.96 and now even from ArmA 1.00 to ArmA 1.02. This has been mentioned several hundred times. sad_o.gif

- When switching from your primary gun which is on burst to i.e. AT4 launcher and then back to your primary gun. You have again single shot.

Can't believe BIS didn't sort this out from OFP 1.00 to OFP 1.96 and now even from ArmA 1.00 to ArmA 1.02. This has been mentioned several hundred times. sad_o.gif

Maybe it's because nobody cares about that bug. Also, I haven't seen any mention of it before.

Maybe it's because nobody cares about that bug. Also, I haven't seen any mention of it before.

maybe you're not long enough here to know that a lot of people complained about it right from the start when OFP came 2001 out.

yea its annoying, but not as annoying as being on your m4, bringing up your bino's and then selecting your m9, which makes you bring up the m4 again, immediatly put it away, then bring up the m9.

why not just go direct to the the weapon you selected?

maybe you're not long enough here to know that a lot of people complained about it right from the start when OFP came 2001 out.

That's probably true, although that bug never bothered me.

At the moment I think BIS have plenty of bugs to keep them busy whistle.gif .

That's probably true, although that bug never bothered me.

At the moment I think BIS have plenty of bugs to keep them busy  whistle.gif .

ohh yes...

Does anybody succeed in using this new commands?

Every time I order my AI soldiers to go to this positions (particularly inhouse positions, within a building) he would answer negative. So what are these new commands good for?

Zero problem for me with this command, AI, bare a very few times, always reacted exactly like expected...

Complete opposite of the nightmare it was in OFP

Hi

This comment is from my experiences with OFP. About the problem with AI's not able to go to building when you order them. Some good time ago I experimented with scripts and functions to make AI's take all the pre-determined positions in buildings or some of them. I wrote a function to determine the number of pre-determined positions in the buildings to help in this, so you need not to know every building in advance, like it is in Group Link II for example. Indeed I found out that AI were far from good when it came to buildings. Some problems I found and which must have been noticed by many, many other people too by now:

- If AI is close to the building already, when you issue a move to buildingPos order, they might not move anywhere. If you first order the AI to go some good 20 or so meters away from the building and then giving the order to go into the building then it can work most of the times. But even then it might happen that the AI can be able to not find the entrance point to the building, and then it can get very annoying because you'd have to repeat the "go away then come back" procedure. In a script you could use an ugly looking setPos if you wish.

- AI can go to very weird positions in the building even when you give them the exact buildingPos to go to. They can indeed position themselfs in the basement, when there is no basement in the building. They can indeed go through walls like the ectoplasma or something, in Ghostbusters the movie.

- There should be inbuilt functionality in the game to make AI's rush into a building to hunt an enemy player or AI soldier down. It should not have to be made in scripts. I don't know if this is in ArmA, I doubt it is. AI's can use building hallways at least which are at ground level but beyond that I don't know.

- There should be a function in the game to give us the number of pre-determined positions in a building.

- There should be a function in the game to give us an array of the pre-determined positions in a building.

- There could be a function in the game to give us an array of buildings inside a user-determined radius which have pre-determined positions.

After playing the ArmA demo coop mission a couple of times I can say the AI's move between the buildings fairly good and I even saw enemy AI's come through hallways in buildings to get me. But I can say nothing how it works when you try to order AI's into a building.

I have a distant memory that I saw in an OFP mission AI's coming to second floor of a Nogova building (the big "Town Hall") by themselfs, not ordered but I might remember wrong.

Hopefully this is much better in ArmA than in OFP, if not then BIS must seriously do something about it. We should not have to write scripts and functions for getting AI's into buildings for example when they notice that you, the player, are in the building or when you want to garrison a building. Such features should be built into the game.

BR,

Baddo.

Edit: modified a "would" into a "should".

i have ordered AI to enter the big hotel in the town of Arcadia!

and have followed them and watched them checking their surroundings as they move up the stairwell to the room i told them with no probs at all! wow_o.gif

Hi

This comment is from my experiences with OFP. About the problem with AI's not able to go to building when you order them. Some good time ago I experimented with scripts and functions to make AI's take all the pre-determined positions in buildings or some of them. I wrote a function to determine the number of pre-determined positions in the buildings to help in this, so you need not to know every building in advance, like it is in Group Link II for example. Indeed I found out that AI were far from good when it came to buildings. Some problems I found and which must have been noticed by many, many other people too by now:

- If AI is close to the building already, when you issue a move to buildingPos order, they might not move anywhere. If you first order the AI to go some good 20 or so meters away from the building and then giving the order to go into the building then it can work most of the times. But even then it might happen that the AI can be able to not find the entrance point to the building, and then it can get very annoying because you'd have to repeat the "go away then come back" procedure. In a script you could use an ugly looking setPos if you wish.

- AI can go to very weird positions in the building even when you give them the exact buildingPos to go to. They can indeed position themselfs in the basement, when there is no basement in the building. They can indeed go through walls like the ectoplasma or something, in Ghostbusters the movie.

- There should be inbuilt functionality in the game to make AI's rush into a building to hunt an enemy player or AI soldier down. It should not have to be made in scripts. I don't know if this is in ArmA, I doubt it is. AI's can use building hallways at least which are at ground level but beyond that I don't know.

- There should be a function in the game to give us the number of pre-determined positions in a building.

- There should be a function in the game to give us an array of the pre-determined positions in a building.

- There could be a function in the game to give us an array of buildings inside a user-determined radius which have pre-determined positions.

After playing the ArmA demo coop mission a couple of times I can say the AI's move between the buildings fairly good and I even saw enemy AI's come through hallways in buildings to get me. But I can say nothing how it works when you try to order AI's into a building.

I have a distant memory that I saw in an OFP mission AI's coming to second floor of a Nogova building (the big "Town Hall") by themselfs, not ordered but I might remember wrong.

Hopefully this is much better in ArmA than in OFP, if not then BIS must seriously do something about it. We should not have to write scripts and functions for getting AI's into buildings for example when they notice that you, the player, are in the building or when you want to garrison a building. Such features should be built into the game.

BR,

Baddo.

Edit: modified a "would" into a "should".

In the mission where you have to flash, flash, flash the bridge in Dolores, I fled in the ruin house on the hilltop which has 2 floors and shot from the window of the top floor. To my surprise an enemy soldier came upstairs and tried to kill me. So yes sometimes AI uses stairs.

But it's weird that sometimes they don't find the entrance of a building when ordered to enter a building. sad_o.gif