Sign in to follow this  
Puke

independence lost better have JIP...

Well if there is one thing BIS should have learned from the flashpoint experiance its that the netcode/multiplayer part of the game is, well...'flawed' shall we say?

Dont get me wrong, i play ofp multiplayer all the time, but the game is screaming for join in progress and real dedicated server support that GSP's wont turn their noses up to tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think they're going to write the whole network code again.<span id='postcolor'>

That would be insane, if they can re-write the gfx engine to land copters on ships they can hire someone to sort out the freakin netcode tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Puke @ Feb. 01 2002,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think they're going to write the whole network code again.<span id='postcolor'>

That would be insane, if they can re-write the gfx engine to land copters on ships they can hire someone to sort out the freakin netcode tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Umm... Landing on ships really doesnt have much to do with the gfx engine, its all physics/collision detection, and you dont need to rewrite it all to add that, just improve it a bit.

Like said by BIS many, many times join in progress would be rather impossible to do anymore, as it would require so many changes to the whole engine. As for the dedicated servers, they seem to work rather well already.

I can live with not having JIP, though I play alot of MP. It's a drawback, but also hinders unrealistic happenings, like having a set team on coop, where people don't suddently "pop" in with teleport.

What I's like to see in OFP2 is a real inventory where you can swap gear among men + more gear, like backpack radios required for Global Radio, range finders, flashlights, IR lights on vehicles, fiber optics, scooba gear, trip wires (that can be linked to anything from flares to satchels), AP mines, firebombs, deployable mortars. All in all, more trinkets to play with as footsoldier, that are not actual rifles.

It'll also be nice with a M2 with shorter tripod, LOL.

(for sitting down)

The reason I'd like these things are to enhance the feeling of being out in nature on recon. Playing in vet mode and using binocs and compas is really cool - so more non-weapon equipment for navigation and survival would simply kick ass! biggrin.gif