Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Making a Medic

IS there anyway possible to make a unit into a medic buy adding a certain line into his init. Like you can with vehicles??

What are the codes???

I really need help smile_o.gif

AFAIK such ability can be defined in the unit's config only. No way to turn a simple soldier into a medic in the mission editor. sad_o.gif

Klavan

AFAIK such ability can be defined in the unit's config only. No way to turn a simple soldier into a medic in the mission editor. sad_o.gif

Klavan

Exactly, you can only "make" somebody medic by config (or with a bit scripting).

What exactly are you trying to do? Because if you want a medic with a different weapon, you could use a removeWeapon and then addWeapon script in the init.

I need a Special Forces Solider to be allowed to heal other units and since the medic doesnt look SF i cant do it sad_o.gif

If you don't care about looks, you could just change out the weapons. Otherwise, you're SOL.

maybe a script? sad_o.gif

why dont BIS make attendant=1 work in the init sad_o.gifsad_o.gif its not fair.

as raedor mentioned... you could script it... i can't remember the code by heart but the logic would be something like

#start

wait until player within certain distance of this unit

add heal action menu item "Heal at medic" (define heal.sqs)

wait until player no longer within healing distance

remove heal action menu item

goto start

mind you, that's not going to let you heal the AI through the action menu.... and if it's going to be a MP mission you'd have to do a couple things differently.........

however, what raedor says below this also recieves four thumbs up tounge2.gif

maybe a script? sad_o.gif

why dont BIS make attendant=1 work in the init sad_o.gifsad_o.gif its not fair.

You could send G85 a request to put a SF guy with attendant=1 in their next version of the editor update... whistle.gif

Might do.. tounge2.gif BTW: Also on the topic of healing where can i find a Square Medic Tent? Or isn't there any? xmas_o.gif