Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire-rty-

Soundblaster x-fi problem

I read somewhere that there was a conflict with arma and the x-fi sound card, well there certainly is. I have the x-fi and was getting constant microsoft errors when the game tried to start.

I had set my x-fi to "entertainment" in the console, and as soon as I set it back to "gaming" everything was back to normal.

I certainly hope that creative gets a fix for this as I would never have thought of looking there if I had not read it in the forums.

Hmm strange i have a Creative SB X-Fi and i dont encounter any sound bugs, except the few sound delays in MP.. apart from those my sound is near perfect with arma huh.gif Maybe if you also post your PC specs and setting too.

Sound drives may be causing my mouse lag when entering weapons screen or menu options....

Correct this happens when EAX is on, but since EAX is pretty lousy in ArmA atm I just turn it off so I can use entertainment mode and listen to music in all its clarity

Works flawlessly for me, i've got a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic.

Always set to game mode, never had a problem with ArmA, with EAX on, or off.

I can confirm the Error with the X-Fi not being in Game Mode. My Brother In Law was over last night and I was gonna show him ArmA AND my new TrackIR well low behold it just kept crashing at the start screen. I eventually gave up. Later I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh one, and of course it kept crashing.

Well I remembered that I had been listening to music earlier and would you know it, it was in Entertainment Mode.

I can almost guarantee it has to do with the OpenAL usage and that only Game Mode supports it.