Sign in to follow this  
RussianElite

Peformance on demo compared to full game

As the topic states does the demo run smoother than the full German or Czech version due to the copy protection utility's?

Still runs just as bad as the retail version. 30-35 fps all options very low/low at 1440x900 (monitors default res) 25-30 fps same resolution with all options on HIGH, AA on normal.

Difference in visual quality just doesnt justify the frame rate differences.

Its only in urban area's as well, in the desert my frame rate peaks at 100+ with high detail, the plant life is just a HUGE fps killer.

Still runs just as bad as the retail version. 30-35 fps all options very low/low at 1440x900 (monitors default res) 25-30 fps same resolution with all options on HIGH, AA on normal.

Its only in urban area's as well, in the desert my frame rate peaks at 100+ with high detail, the plant life is just a HUGE fps killer.

you call that bad? hah, spoiled brat you wink_o.gif

is it me or does the Blackhawk handle differently its much easier to turn for me compared to the the CZ retail

you call that bad? hah, spoiled brat you wink_o.gif

The annoying thing is my frame rate remains the same as above even when played at much much lower resolutions sad_o.gif

brat would denote that im a "young" gamer, boy do i wish that were true, but unfortunately for me, vietnam ended a few years before i was born sad_o.gif

then you probably have vsync on?

wouldnt be getting over 100fps in the desert if that were the case: P

I think i was getting maybe 3fps, Arma was taking a good 5 seconds to switch from map to game to options, and finally crashed when I changed the detail settings. Umm.. Someone tell me that the proper thing isnt that bad? Please?

For me, I haven't experienced crashes in the retail version. However, the FPS is pretty unplayable in forrests. Other than that, its pretty playable. In cities sometimes it lags really bad, and sometimes it does't. And getting mouselag from time to time in the editor.

I have everything on normal, shadows on low or off. Low AA.

Na, framerate is just as bad. Get around 20-25fps on 1680x1050 with a 6600 Core 2 Duo, 8800GTS and 2gig DDR ram sad_o.gif

25? Manm im jealous. I wish i could get that much. I doubt Im scratching 10 at the best times.

20 - 25fps  huh.gif  That aint bad at all really, hell its not ideal but at the same time there are a lot of people out there who would love that sort of performance from ArmA confused_o.gif (EDIT: For example Danny252 replied as I was typing my post, perfect example!wink_o.gif  

and as for 30 - 35fps banghead.gif

My fps is probably around 25-30 in open and 15 - 20 in cities. It's not ideal (actually I quite like it) but I've tweaked the best I can and my machine is:

Emachines P4

512 ram (that's right!  crazy_o.gif)

Geforce 6600LE

It's a two year old machine and if I can get that sort of perfomance out of it with settings on low and normal, viewdistance 950, then i'm sure others can as well.   smile_o.gif

Na, framerate is just as bad. Get around 20-25fps on 1680x1050 with a 6600 Core 2 Duo, 8800GTS and 2gig DDR ram sad_o.gif

what directX are you using? 8800 works best with 10 directX

what directX are you using? 8800 works best with 10 directX

DX10 is not even out yet, and it will only be available on Windows Vista. It's not going to make a difference anyway as ArmA is a DX9 game.

20 - 25fps huh.gif That aint bad at all really, hell its not ideal but at the same time there are a lot of people out there who would love that sort of performance from ArmA confused_o.gif (EDIT: For example Danny252 replied as I was typing my post, perfect example!wink_o.gif

My fps is probably around 25-30 in open and 15 - 20 in cities. It's not ideal (actually I quite like it) but I've tweaked the best I can and my machine is:

Emachines P4

512 ram (that's right! crazy_o.gif)

Geforce 6600LE

It's a two year old machine and if I can get that sort of perfomance out of it with settings on low and normal, viewdistance 950, then i'm sure others can as well. smile_o.gif

Not bad??? LOL just look what kind of system he got:

6600 Core 2 Duo, 8800GTS and 2gig DDR ram

and only 20-25 fps.

banghead.gif

20 - 25fps  huh.gif  That aint bad at all really, hell its not ideal but at the same time there are a lot of people out there who would love that sort of performance from ArmA  confused_o.gif  (EDIT: For example Danny252 replied as I was typing my post, perfect example!wink_o.gif  

Emachines P4

512 ram (that's right!  crazy_o.gif)

Geforce 6600LE

It's a two year old machine and if I can get that sort of perfomance out of it with settings on low and normal, viewdistance 950, then i'm sure others can as well.   smile_o.gif

Not bad??? LOL just look what kind of system he got:

6600 Core 2 Duo, 8800GTS and 2gig DDR ram

and only 20-25 fps.

banghead.gif

Aye, it's more annoying because I bought all that just for the game wink_o.gif To be honest my framerate probably isnt as high as 25 in the towns etc - it gets notably choppy at times.

The thing is a lot of people haven't played with their settings enough, I spent a good hour on mine trying to get it perfect. wink_o.gif

Yeah an sometimes it's the server too, Low settings I'm happy with some lagg nothing major in cities, 25 35 (in certain areas) AMD Anthalon 3000+ XP proc, 1 gig, ATI Radeon 9600, also do some searches like in the Troubleshootin section i believe theres ways to help out the FPS. Very happy I got the game.

I have tried out every conceivable setting in game and with my pc and I get crappy performance its not our computers its the freakin game.

the guys with the higher resolotions, how about turning them down to 1024, im sure the fps would raise, hell i have to play on all low 800 600, so count yourselves lucky wink_o.gif

the guys with the higher resolotions, how about turning them down to 1024, im sure the fps would raise, hell i have to play on all low 800 600, so count yourselves lucky wink_o.gif

Do you know how terrible a game looks on a 20" WS monitor when run at 1024x768? wink_o.gif Trust me - it doesn't look good! I don't think I should have to turn the settings down that much after spending 700quid on upgrading my computer!

Just buy a 10 inch monitor. That way you can play on 600X400 and it will look good as new biggrin_o.gif

Just buy a 10 inch monitor.  That way you can play on 600X400 and it will look good as new   biggrin_o.gif

Sounds like a plan! I'll buy a 10" monitor.....and a magnifying glass wink_o.gif

So is the demo giving better performance? huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do you know how terrible a game looks on a 20" WS monitor when run at 1024x768? wink_o.gif Trust me - it doesn't look good! I don't think I should have to turn the settings down that much after spending 700quid on upgrading my computer!

I really cannot understand how you are recieving such a poor performance from the game when your system is superior to mine. confused_o.gif

What are all the settings you are running it on?