Sign in to follow this  
vilas

problem withg start

i don't know how is in your versions

in polish version there is "DVD secure program" which is in conflict with for example NERO

i spent a lot of money for new computer, i have legal NERO for which i paide and other stuff and ARMA doesn't work because it says thet i have emulating software, but i don't have any deamon tools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f***

f***

f***

to buy computer for ARMA i had to save money for a long time (usualy salary in poland is about 350 euro, computer costs 600-700)

people are suprised that people buy pirate software/stolen software

with such software bought from russians/ormians there is no problems

why legal and costfull (in poland 25 euro for that game is big money, my daily salary) software cannot work !!!

and now i cannot play because dvdrom is secured with some kind of s***

i hope someone will make no-cd crack because i cannot start game, sometime it requires 3 reset/reboot

assuming you have the legal version, look in windows registry and delete the refrences to any of that software you say you don't have. obviously you did. if you still have it, uninstall it, et cetera... the game will work as advertised.

i hope someone will make no-cd crack

Talk of cracks will result in a permanent ban, I suggest you try contacting LEM's technical support.

i wrote email to LEM and nothing

the game starts from time to time, sometimes 3 resets

i made format c:, i have system, open office, nero, some freeware

i have no emulating programs, but for that *** i have ?

1.96 patch version of OFP contains no-cd !!!

also it is very anoying when 10 seconds arma is checking DVD

saometimes i can play only after reset it is sick

i wrote 2 e-mails to LEM and nothing, no reaction

in Poland consumer law is at very low level comparing to UE law

i have game for which i paid

last time it started after 14 tries !!!

to make my last addon's screens i had to start 14 times, what happens when DVD ROM will be older or scrach ?

according to Polish Law Regulations i have right to make myself one copy of drive in case of destruction of orginal DVD

but this DVD won't start from copy

how can i make addons when i cannot start game ?

assuming you have the legal version, look in windows registry and delete the refrences to any of that software you say you don't have. obviously you did. if you still have it, uninstall it, et cetera... the game will work as advertised.

"the game will work as advertised"...really usefull comment.

also its not recommend for non experts to deleted stuff from the windows registry.

i know, but how can i delete from regedit thigs i don't have ?

i made format c:

i put open office, nero, few graphic progrmas, few freeware antiviruses , call of duty2

i have no daemon tools !

but arma says i have "emulating cd software"

retry, retry sometimes ARMA starts after 3-4 retry

yesterday it started after 14 tries

if such software was - the game never would start

but it startes after few or more retries

Look if you can uninstall virtual drive related components fom Nero.

I had the same problem with another game, caused by WinOnCD6.

After i`ve uninstalled the unneeded virtual drive part of the program, the game worked.

can you tell me how to do it on PM ?

Maybe check this webside: www.cdrinfo.pl

I have alcohol 120% with 2 virtual driver but I havent any problem with Starforce...Maybe Starforce detect some elements of demon tools on other partition?

Gosia Gosiunia Gosiulek

qrcze ile razy mam powtarzać dysk po formacie, całkowitym, nowy, sklepowy nie mam demon tools

if you don't know polish

i nevere had any alcohol or deamon tools

so how can there be elements of this ?

maybe disc is s*** i wrote to them twice without any answer

To może tak: szybkie zripowanie płyty, deamon tools, odpięcie napędów (fizyczne) i próba startu...?! A tak na marginesie to Marcin jestem...Na wszystko znajdzie się sposób! Możemy pogadać na prv. będzie szybciej, coś postaram się pomóc...

If it is possible check other copy of DVD Arma(friends, neighbours). If the game start, You will have broken/wrong DVD, if not, the problem is in hardware/software...

When I was making copy of Arma DVD and when I try to start the game i have "insert dvd with Armed Assault into You DVD"(sometihing like this). If I remember, the starforce past only one the 24 bit alfa-numeric code on hard disc when You install the game. I have question...have you clone cd/ clone dvd? And maybe problem is with You DVD (broken laser??) or cable..

i spent a lot of money for new computer, i have legal NERO for which i paide and other stuff and ARMA doesn't work because it says thet i have emulating software, but i don't have any deamon tools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFAIK the only legal way to play the game is either to disable/uninstall NERO. Its just one of many crappy things caused by starforce confused_o.gif

now i now why people in many countries buy software from russians, ormians, from p2p (pirates)

such software simply "works" because is cracked

why legal software= problems ?

for example once i had in my company english dictionary

after instaling it required to post a letter to producer to autorise and to get activation code, after this it asked for CD in drive, when CD was dirty i didn't work, but computer had changed motherboard (old was broken)

after changing format c:

dictionary asked for another code, because hardware checksum was changed, and producer of dictionary said "explain us why you need another code for this dictionary" producer said that he belevies that dictionary is used on many computers !!!

all case took 2 weeks to clear all

but one man had cracked version - it worked good without any codes

second example - i bought a CD of my favorite group

and it cannot be played in Discman, because it is protected, it can only play in normal HiFi, when you put it into CDROM or DIscman it has 2 seconds silence after 1 minute of music

sick situation

i pay money and i want it to work

in my country monthly salary of people is about 200-500 euro

ARMA disc cost me 25 euro

my salary is 350/month (middle)

for computer (700 E) for ARMA i had to save money for over half year and another half i pay credit to bank, i haven't been on vacation because of this !

for 25 euro i have to work 2 days and now i should put it into trash and buy another copy hoping it will work ?

it makes me very, very f*** angry

now it started after 3 retries

i won't deinstal NERO - i paid for it, i bought it with LG DVD-Writer

i won't deinstal NERO - i paid for it, i bought it with LG DVD-Writer

Very understandable, but BIS cant do anything about it, the publisher chose the copy protection.

but what can i do if they don't react ?

but what can i do if they don't react ?

They might react, but i'm afraid that they dont have a solution anyway, its just a shitty copy protection mad_o.gif

EDIT: If they have forums: Try there, there may be other users there who know a solution, AFAIK onle very few people have the polish version here.