Sign in to follow this  
essemm

Best way to get a helo to stay on the ground

Hey folks. What's the best way to get a helicopter to wait until I get in before it takes off? I know how to use the "get in" and "load" waypoints and synchronisation, but that means that the helicopter must start up, move 3 feet to my position, re-land, and then allow me to load before heading off...

I'd like the helo to start up as I move to it, but then wait until I'm on board to "synchronise".

Any help?

play around with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">helo setfuel 0 and <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">helo setfuel 1

where "helo" has to be replaced with your heloname in a trigger or unit ini.

Furthermore search the old Flashpoint Editing thread for questions like that. It´s all there smile_o.gif

yes, they would get out of the chopper....

"flyinheight 0" you would do now. Or you let the crew board the chopper when needed.

Shame about the setfuel... sad_o.gif

The 'this flyinheight 0' code should work, but you can always play around with other additional codes like:

UNITNAME stop true/false

or

Dostop this

Shame about setfuel.

Anyone tested yet:

- Do they disembark if vehicle is locked ?

- Can we reenable disableAI "Move" in arma ?

Ai disembark if comand setfuel 0 is activated on ground.

Best way to prevent take off is to set flyinheight 0 and AI will wait on ground till higher valuve is present in his order.

while searching the forum for a better solution i came up with this:

give a 'get out' waypoint for the the chopper and then 'get in' into itself right after. the crew will jump out and get back in. you could give a condition for the 'get in' wp or for the next wp and the chopper should stay on ground engines off while waiting for the next wp or depending on the placement of the condition the crew will not board the chopper before the condition is met.

the only slight problem i noticed was that sometimes the other crew member would "get stuck" and start shaking heavily. icon_rolleyes.gif  this usually goes away after a while, but it might delay the departure of the chopper.