Sign in to follow this  
otester

Retardocopters?

On OFP I can land on carriers with jets and almost anywhere else and fly helicopters with confidence but on AA they seems very prone to falling out the sky and very restricted in movement.

I have a Saitek ST290 PRO, whats the best configuration(s)?

couldn't you put that in Helicopter Thread huh.gif

I read that but I wanted to make my mark lol and I thought it might also good as a sticky if some people find some good configs!

couldn't you put that in Helicopter Thread  huh.gif

I read that but I wanted to make my mark lol and I thought it might also good as a sticky if some people find some good configs!

Unfortunately (for you) I don't think many here share your thought on what a good sticky is nener.gif

This way your post will either be delted or locked or moved.

Well.. I can say your right... of course the flying in ArmA is more realistic, which I welcome but this way the fun in flying is lost.

Youll get used to it although it takes some time.. remember how long it took every single one of to get used to the whole system of OFP ?

I need about half a year to understand the stucture thoroughly and youll also master the flying when you create some trainingmission with those weird choppers.

[bQMS] SOBR

How is it more realistic?

I'm sick and tired of people with no knowledge whatsoever of how helicopters fly come here telling others "its more realistic" without even backing up their claim.

Its not more "realistic" and there are many videos to prove that.

Isn't FS ment to be realistic? Helicopters on there were reasonable.

I just dont understand by the rudders on AA's helicopters are so useless, when Im lining up to strafe some stuff on the ground im slightly out of line, on OFP I could use the rudder to get me back on course, doesn't work on AA if try rolling then pulling up the heli falls out the sky.

Never had that problem in FS either.

i think the flight model has improved *a lot* since 1.01. i can actually fly helicopters quite well now, even landing and hovering without auto hover is actually possible. i must say i like it.

in 1.01 it was obvious (to me at least) that the game uses 2 separate flight models depending on speed and it was horrible because the "transition" between those two was very narrow (for instance little or no yaw control above x speed). in 1.02 the transition is smooth and i think also inertial effects have been revisited.

also the adjustable joystick input sensitivity helped me a lot. i use a saitek aviator and it works like a charm.

Hopefully they will fix it fully, my yaw dont work i think?

Deliberately ignoring an existing thread saddens the mothership.