Sign in to follow this  
ColonelSandersLite

Low Moving Cloud Layer

I've looked around and haven't spotted any proactical advice about clouds so:

I was thinking about just totally removing that low moving cloud layer altogether. It's a throwback to ofp, and frankly, seems totally unnecessary when looking at the clouds above it.

I intend to try it anyways, and we'll see how the game looks without them.

I thought I'd just ask here before just searching the cfgs and such the hard way if anyone knows anything helpfull in that regards.

I'm not needing basic modding instructions here, as I'm familiar with CFGs and bins and such (at least in ofp). Just any usefull information on skies specifically.

There were a few cloud mods released,if you mean 3D clouds of course then one I would take note of would be this.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8005

It should also be possible to add a plane and add a texture of clouds to it,and they could have animation,as this is how water in fountains worked in OFP:E,unfortunatly though I can't say for certain,and that would be one hell of a large cloud texture.

No, I'm talking about that semitransparent layer of crappy looking grease smear looking stuff that moves accross the sky underneath the clouds proper.

I don't care to actually replace it, I just want to get rid of it.

Everything I've seen in ofp was either 3d models you place in the editor like the one you just linked, or replacement packs that didn't replace the moving layer, just the stationary.

Perhaps replace the cloud textures with empty alpha channel textures smile_o.gif. In OFP they were simple flat faces with one texture wink_o.gif.