Sign in to follow this  
Lowke

Voice Recognition Commands

Hey I was just wondering what people thought of the idea of using a voice recognition system to issuse commands to the soldiers under your command in ARMA. I would have no idea myself as to how this would be acceived but i know it is possible (I belive it was utilised in UT2004) and i think this could add a really good feature to an already brilliant game.

It would save time in a fire fight and allow you to issue orders move eaisily whilst still fighting and keeping an eye on the battle.

Well thats all i got to say about it for now, hope some of you like the idea and makie it real smile_o.gif Cause i wouldnt know where to begin myself.

I don't use this much anymore. It worked well in MS Flight Simulator. With Game commander you can map keybinds to voice commands.

Game Commander

btw: There are others this is the only one I ever tried. (Search the WWW)

Wow Cool, Thanks for that.

I was thinking maybe someone could script this function into the game tho smile_o.gif

i used a prog called shoot ,for ofp, search it on google ,there is a default ofp profile in there, just alter some keys for arma and it will work well smile_o.gif.

p.s some people complain of lag because this uses keysend method. but as long as you configure an on/off button for themic, it always worked wll for me.

Yes, I use[d] "Shoot" for Op. Flashpoint. It really added a

new dimension being able to "shout" orders to the little guys:

"Team green, flank right, move! Team red, advance!"   yay.gif  

Highly recommended!

Hey thanks Peeps ill go try that out at once.

Hope the Neighbours dont get too freaked out by me shouting commands at my squad members all night smile_o.gif

SQUAD DANGER!!