Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Spetsnaz

Need tutorial for 3-team C&H

errr... unpbo an official C&H then just copy and paste and change to the resistance team. Then modify any scripts/triggers to include the names of your third team. Won't be too hard and unless your very new to mission editing will probably be quicker than reading through a tutorial

Unless things have changed, you'll run into a problem. If the C&H mission requires that you take the flag to capture the territory, then the flagside will need to be RESISTANCE at the start of the mission. That makes it so either East or West can take it. But Resistance can't.

I made some 3-way CH's for OFP and what I did was if a Resistance unit was near a neutral flag, then I'd change the flagside to East so he could take it. Those CH's *might* translate into Arma, but I haven't had the chance to attempt a port.

Once a flag is taken by a side, then it doesn't matter, of course, since the enemy can take it.

Anyway, once I'm done porting some other missions, I'll look at the C&H's I have and see if one might make a decent template.

I can't get West to take a Resistance flag. West can only take a flag set to East. East on the other hand can take a West flag and a Resistance flag.

You need to click on the box in the upper right of the screen where you change the mission date, etc. and at the bottom of the screen, set resistance or independants friendly to nobody.

Thanks KaRRiLLioN... that has been driving me nuts for awhile.

Cheers,

g

You can also just create a script that doesn't rely on the dodgy show-up-only-50%-of-the-time built in flag captures and uses your own for anyone in close proximity to the flag. You also have more control that way