Sign in to follow this  
patb43

Graphical abnormalities

hi,

I just got the game and from what I've been able to see it looks amazing. Sadly, I am experiancing strange graphical phenonema which at certain times obstruct a small part of my view, and at other times make the game completely unplayable. Here are two screenshots, the first being not bad and the second being unplayable:

here is a minimal example of the problem

and here is an example of the problem at its worst

This problem seems to sometimes happen instantly and other times after a fairly short delay.

One other thing is that this only occurs when i am near a group of buildings, or if i zoom in to a group of buildings. When I am in the open country or have buildings only in the distance, the game works beautifully.

my specs:

amd athlon 64 dual core 3800+

1 gig RAM

ati all in wonder 9600 series (128 MB)

does anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

1st try older drivers

2nd check videocard temperature

thats common problem with those old atis

Hi m8, I have the same problem since i updated my Gfx drivers to the latest for ATI Cards. I reckon it is a gfx driver issue and hopefully BI will sort this problem by the time UK versoin of ArmA is out. It seems to get alot worse when i get in  a heli and fly around, but it has also happened whilst i have been Infantry.

My Spec

AMD ATHLON X2 Dual Core 4600+

2Gb RAM

2X 850XT XFIRE EDITION

ok i'll try some older drivers. In the meantime, is there a 3rd party program I can d/l that checks GFX card temperature? As I am pretty sure I currently have no means of doing so.

thanks.

*edit* it seems ATI has released a new set of drivers for my card today (dec 13). I'll try those first and report if they solve the problem or not.

I read in the german support forums that that for the ATI Cards the Driver V 5.8 seems to solve the problem. At least for some of them.

You can get it here.

I got the same trouble. But didn't find a driver for my nVidia card that solves the problem yet.

Greetz Chop

thanks for the link ill try it out...

Also is there any way to improve temperature of my card without opening my computer? I ask becasue finding a screwdriver is going to be tricky..

sorry forgot to mention, no I am not overclocking my card.

I have that same problem whit my x800pro sad_o.gif Its not heat problem its problem whit the game. I hope next patch helps whit this problem.

Problem solved smile_o.gif I change my ati drivers to this version "ATI Catalyst 6.7" and the game works fine

Here is direct link to the drivers (34.6 MB)

ATI Catalyst 6.7 (CCC)