Sign in to follow this  
WinterMJ

Flight Control Problems

This may or may not be more for the 'General' forum, but since I don't know I'll post here as it's making gameplay tedious to the point of being unenjoyable. Essentially I use a Keyboard and Mouse for flight, as with Battlefield 2 Helicopters, OFP and all other games, there is no Joystick port on this PC and I've never liked using them anyway.

Suffice to say that every time I try to fly a helicopter, the going up/down and forwards/backwards part is all good, but attempting to navigate left or right is constantly in flux. When you first take off the movement left or right is perfect, rotating you just as my fathers helicopter does in real life, but gain some altitude and move a bit.. story changes.

I'm constantly fighting the twitching controls, often holding down the turn or bank left keys or mouse movement will do nothing, your Helicopter will just angle slightly, maybe flip back wildly a bit and not physically turn. The only way I can turn is to get up lots of speed at height and do a steep bank and even that's problematic, but small tactile manovuers of any kind don't work no matter what you're doing.

This is very unenjoyable and can't be right, I think some extra work is needed for those using a mouse and keyboard to control because the ability to rotate left or right is kind of important =). By this measure my fathers Bell helicopter, which is somewhat less sophisticated than these AH's, could win any air war rofl.gif .

Have I done something wrong here or is it intentionally this screwed up? I have the original OFP and it's tough, but workable, ArmA is.. simply not right, as per above. Help appreciated since I can't do some missions right now.

try a quick search of te Amra general forum and you'll find a topic over 27 pages long about this. and a BIS answer that the patch will address it.

i get the same problem and don't get me started on when you try to turn in auto hover mode, talk about kamikaze pilot. sometimes if you turn in hovermode it will uncontrollably aim at the sky or take a nose dive into the ground

As twisted stated, this has and is being discussed. BIS is already addressing the flight model.

Searching before posting is a rule on these forums, please don't ignore the rules on these forums.