Sign in to follow this  
milobr

Civilian changing sides?

I searched for this in the forums and for a command in the wiki but couldn't find anything that worked, so I'm here to ask you people.

Is there anyway to make a civilian change sides? Like forcing one of them to enemy side and then being able to get shot from our friends? I also think it'd be a good idea if someone released an addon about this.

Since now, thanks.

I thnk but not 100% on this but try grouping civilians with a west side soldier each and setting the soldiers probability of presence to 0 this will make any east fire on him. The place a civilian with no one grouped to him and when u want him to become an enemy make him join group of an east soldier with a presence of 0 also. I have never tried this but read it on an ofp forum i think it could work for u here

I tried what you said but unfortunately if the probability of presence of the US Soldier is 0, then he doesn't exist and the civilian is just a... civilian and nobody shots him.

Anyway, thanks for the help. inlove.gif

As far as I know, the mission "Over There 2" by Janecky features armed and very dangerous civilians who will go out of their way to shoot any blufor they see. I tried de-pboing the mission to find out how he did it, but wasn't able to. Anyways, you can get it over at armaholic's mission repository. Maybe you'll be able to figure it out.

Or maybe Janecky will share the secrets.

Double click on the "Intel" in the upper right corner. At the bottom of the dialog you can specify who civilians are friendly towards "RACS is friendly to" Nobody, West, East, Everybody.

milobr - bob's method is the universally correct method used by most mission makers to turn civilians into BLUFOR or OPFOR. It should work - it's worked for me countless times, so try again. Group your civilian, using the editor, with a BLUFOR or OPFOR soldier (depending upon taste) and whack this unit's probability of presence to 0%. And make sure this unit has a higher rank than your civilian, to avoid embarrassment.

It doesn't matter that he won't exist - the civilian will still be grouped on that unit's side for the instant that unit DOES exist.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

Also have a look at "setFriend" http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFriend

civilian setFriend[west, 1] will make him friendly to west

civilian setFriend[west, 0] will make him hostile to west

Anything below 0.6 makes them hostile. I tried this in the init of the civilian and it worked correctly.

I'll give a try to both proposals.

I'd like to thank all of you that helped me out. You rule. inlove.gif

P.S: It worked now, the problem was being caused by the rank of the soldier, which was mentioned by Cameron.

Right then,

I found out how Janecky did it via the most wonderful and venerable mission editing FAQ. It's on page 11, J W's post.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=150

Simple really, you go into the mission.sqm and alter the side of the units you want on another side, and voila, instant insurgency (and such).

But the above-mentioned option also works of course.

Well I'm off to set some IEDs for my players.

what is up? I tried the civilian setfriend [West, 0] deal and it definately didn't work. I'm so tired of trying to guess this its driving me crazy lol. Anyone get it to work? and if so how did you get it to work?

Simple really, you go into the mission.sqm and alter the side of the units you want on another side, and voila, instant insurgency (and such).

Remember if you do this and edit the soldier (or even "open" it) in the editor the side is set back to original.

what is up? I tried the civilian setfriend [West, 0] deal and it definately didn't work. I'm so tired of trying to guess this its driving me crazy lol. Anyone get it to work? and if so how did you get it to work?

I just tried it and it works. Civs are attacking me

I used

civilian setFriend [west, 0]

in an Init of a civilian and I'm a west soldier

Also, what i did in my mission (soon te be released) is using the old ofp method. Create a east soldier, give him a high rank and a name and group your civilian units to him. Now write this in his init field: deletevehicle unitnameofeastsoldier

There you go, your civilians are east now wink_o.gif

ps; make sure all your civilians are lower ranked then the east soldier

The Itch @ Dec. 08 2006,03:14)]Also, what i did in my mission (soon te be released) is using the old ofp method. Create a east soldier, give him a high rank and a name and group your civilian units to him. Now write this in his init field: deletevehicle unitnameofeastsoldier

deleteVehicle was very very dangerous command at least in OFP multiplayer - if you used it on unit that was already deleted you got instant crash. Now since init line is run on all clients when they start the mission, think what happens when they lag slightly at mission loading and server has already deleted that object...

The Itch @ Dec. 08 2006,03:14)]Also, what i did in my mission (soon te be released) is using the old ofp method. Create a east soldier, give him a high rank and a name and group your civilian units to him. Now write this in his init field: deletevehicle unitnameofeastsoldier

deleteVehicle was very very dangerous command at least in OFP multiplayer - if you used it on unit that was already deleted you got instant crash. Now since init line is run on all clients when they start the mission, think what happens when they lag slightly at mission loading and server has already deleted that object...

So... if(!isnull nameofsoldier)then{deletevehicle nameofsoldier} ...?