Sign in to follow this  
stingfish74

Animations

would be nice to see the crouch animation, and a few others reworked.

anyone agree? not sure about others in the community but it would be awesome if someone would kick a project off to explore the possibilities of replacing some animations.

yeah, i dont really like the crouch anim either....

imho it´s damn hard to shoot good from that crouched position...

i have tried it irl, and with a gun, especially if it´s a little heavier (like a G3) you cant hold back the recoil very good...

you simply dont get the support you need...

it would be much better if you changed it so the soldiers sit on their right heel and with the left elbow just infront of or behind the knee cap, slightly more leaned forward then the current one...

it really isnt a big change, but you get a slitghtly lower and more stable stance...

but i dont know if changing the anims is possible right now without the proper tools...

I personally would like an entire new animation pack.

Take a look carefully you can see that very little time was taken on these animations.

For example from lying to crouch is the exact same as crouch to lying just played backwards which looks a bitweird since the left hand comes up first and would be almost impossible to get up to your knee without it.

Well, no matter how good or bad the current ones are, you're not going to be able to get better results with replacement anims without a motion capture studio. The ArmA animations are significantly (maybe an understatement?) improved compared to those in OFP, thus significantly increasing the standard for new ones. It's going to be hard if not impossible for us members of the community to match the quality of BI's animations. OFP's standards made it easier to make better content, but with ArmA it might be different. wow_o.gif

It's going to be hard if not impossible for us members of the community to match the quality of BI's animations. OFP's standards made it easier to make better content, but with ArmA it might be different. wow_o.gif

Exactly. Only if there is some professional animator amongst us, there is no other way we could have fan made animations comparable with those motioncaptured BIS ones. And even handmade animations made by some pro, will look different than MC.

Not talking about not having skeleton used for ArmA animations... yet smile_o.gif

well thats sad news cause the crouch is just lame.

think about it...

im 33, 5'8 130lbs

i surf avidly, still skateboard, and water ski/wake board.

in short, im fit as a fiddle!

But when i attempt to crouch/walk like in ARMA with a airsoft gun as an example, it's just tarded. i mean, really just about impossible.

try it yourself. not even close to realistic movement. sad_o.gif

who the hell captured that motion must have been super mad fit! and i know, that our military, and yours (what ever your country is) is well trained but if i saw soldiers walking like that i would freak out and laugh.

yeah, i dont really like the crouch anim either....

it would be much better if you changed it so the soldiers sit on their right heel and with the left elbow just infront of or behind the knee cap, slightly more leaned forward then the current one...

You mean a pose something more like this?

I would also have liked to have seen some kind of "fast

crawl" something like this

(maybe this could even have been a more logical "move

directly forward at kneeling height" animation than the

weird "cossack dance" thing they do now?)

it's the moving when crouched that bugs me more then anything. the monkey run is nice.

but if i were a SF unit, night mission and staulking (sp?) of moving in a slow crouch posistion i would expect something more realistic. what we have now is poop.javascript:emoticon('wow_o.gif'wink_o.gif

smilie

but if i were a SF unit, night mission and staulking (sp?) of moving in a slow crouch posistion i would expect something more realistic.  

Yes, I also miss a "moving slowly forward cautiously" anim.

The closest to it now is the "crouched walk" pose. The

otherwise very cool "walking forward at the alert" is a bit

too fast for "stealth". The "move slowly" key has no effect

on human movement in the game (although the "move fast"

key does).

I do notice that if you use that strange "crouched walk"

pose the game character quickly starts panting, so they

obviously don't like it either. wink_o.gif   I guess it was only meant

by BIS for small changes of position.

So, anyone got a mo-cap studio they can let us borrow?   tounge2.gif

Weather or not it is possible for the community to make better quality animations it is still possible for someone to make some more realistic animations.

The actual posses are quite poor and could be improved. A crouch animation posted by Col. Faulkner would be great. But in the end they will be simillar to them of OFP and i personally saw nothing wrong with them so why should wewith ArmA?