Sign in to follow this  
russin

ArmA MP Bug

i can't hear enemy fire did a small test enemy stood about 20 meters away full auto and sprayed lead all around me never heard the shots at all whats up with that

i tested in SP and i can hear seems it is only in MP

Im getting the same thing I cant hear gunshots from a distance over 20-30+feet,i can hear the bullets hitting around me,I have tried 3 different sound crads and all the latest drivers,HW accel eax,u name it,anyone else getting this problem?

It is more than a sound bug. When it happens, you can't see flash, recoil or smoke either, it is as if only bullet event is transmitted but not actual shooting event. And it happens to every player in that MP game, actual sound card hardware has nothing to do with it.

Same thing happens with tanks, can't hear any machine gun sounds or main gun sounds.

I had the same thing with one player in MP.

It was very anoying but that someone is using a crappy machine and he was te only one on the server to cause it.

All other players I could hear\see fire.

Him and most players I knew so I could test it, they also couldn`t see or hear him fire.

Maybe it`s a lagggg thingy caused by crappy machines confused_o.gif

yep get it all the time in multiplayer, wonder if multiplay was actually tested at all sad_o.gif

i guess not:

1:Sounds Screwed

2:Cant see What Text Your Typing

3:Some Images Dont Load [CapsLock]

4:XMLs Don't work at all

5:Get Stuck on Receiving Data [have to press esc]

6:Servers Cash a lot

7:Servers Very Laggy

8:Much Much More!!! banghead.gif

Any surprise to you guys? They have been notorious for screwing the first releases since OFP came out.

Max @ Dec. 07 2006,17:49)]Any surprise to you guys?  They have been notorious for screwing the first releases since OFP came out.

hmmm, and which game came out, that did not need to be fixed with patches?

Fair enough,this isnt a post to burn BIS just want to know if it will be fixed is all.

be nice to get some Dev feedback wink_o.gif

Max @ Dec. 07 2006,19:49)]Any surprise to you guys?  They have been notorious for screwing the first releases since OFP came out.

DUDE BIS has the best support around to DATE and will have for years to come name me one other game that fixs and improves there games for 4 years NONE ArmA is the ultimate battle sim notworthy.gif

im sure they are working hard at fixing everything posted and im sure they don't need to reply to every thread

awaitng a PATCH now rofl.gif

in campain after i fired a M2 or what eva and exited i seen the muzzele flash constatly on as well

I have a mix i can hear some sounds and cant hear some, cant hear anything past 20 - 30 meters, and the PK MG makes no sound or anim when being fired no matter what range (friendly walked into fire about 2 m away from me thinking i wasnt shooting.

seem to hear machine gun fire at times i think it was a PK gun not sure though crazy_o.gif

i hope this can be fixed soon this really hampers the MP fun of playing you see people getttin killed but have no clue what direction witch is part of WAR