Sign in to follow this  
craigsa

Please don't shoot the messenger

Hi guys, my good friend asked me to post this as he does not have internet access at home and can only send e mails from the office.

Please have a read and dont take it out on me smile_o.gif

Weapons Selection is not working properly, in the single player flying the Ah1. The gun stays on the forward machinegun and wont switch to Hell fires.

The target lock takes to long to get a fix.

I took some time in the single player mission to get used to flying the chopper and getting my co-pilot to target vehicles in the convoy. (Problems here is that in a pitched turn and climb the chopper loses power and altitude which has to be continually adjusted during flight or the chopper goes into a dive or flip trying to right itself. Even fighting the controls to compensate the forces at work you can still lose too much power and your efforts are in vain as it flips itself into a dive or swing to adjust the stall).

Then in the training mission my chopper does its own thing and all the principles of flight I just mastered in the single mission where you engage the convoy have all gone out the window and I must learn to fly all over again.

Still my weapons select buttons (primary and secondary) are not working and I remain on the primary weapon (forward machinegun).

In a real Chopper if this is what was intended.

v You have your control stick between your legs (joystick) Pitch and Yaw

v Then your leaver on your left (cyclic) for height.

v Then the rudders (pedals)

v Yet these do not work in the game as they should if you were really flying – if this was the intention.

(OFP had a built in (Arcade type) computer corrections in flight like auto-hover, also when approaching a hill where the chopper self adjusts to terrain changes if you are not traveling to fast and it had simple flight controls. So you can concentrate more on looking for targets and engaging the enemy, not on trying in fly and stay in the air with difficulty.

The same concept was done in the Apache longbow with the technological advances made to allow the pilot and gunner more freedom to do the job at hand – seeking out and smoking the enemy – same principal was also applied to the Raptor and stealth bomber, the aircraft has advanced technology that it almost fly’s itself, the onboard computer makes the NESSESARY adjustments during flight to correct resistance and assist the pilot giving him more freedom.

This is a shooter game if I wanted a flight sim I would go and buy the latest one and not have wasted my time here. However I am and always will be for life a dedicated OFP player. I may have liked options to pull more maneuvers in the air when in combat on the same easy control principals in OFP that to me was all that was lacking in OFP regarding flight – if anything.)

But trying to rectify this in AA with an attempt at a simulator has defeated the object of freedom.

Get CSLA and BAS development teams in your employ they have always strived free of charge in their own time to give us, better equipment, vehicles, maps, missions and game play, to all the DEDICATED OFP supporters, always trying to give us better. Why fix something if it was not broken in the first place. We all agree we were lacking big time with great Graphics in OFP and AA has bridged the gap with its graphics.

Back to OFP then it is for me. Perhaps in 4-6years time (as if the previous big wait for AA after OFP was not enough) the developers who know far more than me or you may first try and play the game for longer than 10min to detect errors and bugs, then maybe they will give us (the people that back them) a better product. For with my limited experience within the first 30min you can generate a list of problems which we as the customer spot without effort in our fist attempts at game play. In parting I will leave you with my final comments:

OFP –

Great Idea (Game concept with freedom of game play)

Great Game first to me of its kind

Great easy to operate controls

Poor graphics

AA –

Great Graphics (A+)

Great Idea (Game concept with freedom of game play – same as OFP)

Very Very Poor attempted Simulator Type controls

Poor Game play (Bugs kill it for you)

Bugs Everywhere

Regards

Maj. Kurnick

This isn't about TS. There is a bugs thread, Official missions section, even a complaints thread. This thread covers all those topics and then some. Use the existing threads/wiki to post bugs and wish lists.