Sign in to follow this  
Soldaat

Very poor performance

No clue why.

And changing settings doesnt matter much if at all.

It's mostly running at 10-15 fps.

Shuttle SN25p

Got 3700+ overclocked to 2.8 ghz.

7800GT 256mb

2 gig memory

Resolution: 1680x1050

Even when I change view distance to 500 meters or set all settings on very low quality its still piss poor!

Cant play it to be honest like this.

Looks nice the game I must say. Gun sights are very ugly though.

Other games run fast.

Got it patched.

Am serious. Must be something wrong sad_o.gif

Check for spyware, virus, clean your computer of unnecessary files, put the resolution of your desktop down.

THAT gives you a very good performance boost, IF those above is causing the slowdown ! goodnight.gif

you might try truning the ingame resolution down. I've got a similar system and play it at 1028x768 and it runs very nice and smoothly with all the settings (except AA really) at normal or high.

Shuttle SN25p

7800GT 256mb

2 gig memory

Even when I change view distance to 500 meters or set all settings on very low quality its still piss poor!

I guess you are running an a widescreen TFT, so I know it it is not really a good option, but have you tried to lower your resolution, preferably to 1024x768. I know, as it is not the native resolution of your display it will look bad, but just to check for performance it might be worth a try.

I get crap performance also.

Cant believe it, been waiting for so long to play and i cant even run it smooth on very low.

Intel Pentium 4 - HT, 3200 MHz (3.2) (16 x 200)

Gigabyte GA-8I848PM (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)

Microsoft XP Windows Home Edition SP2

1024 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

ST3160021A (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG (DVD+R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/4x, DVD-RW:16x/4x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

nVIDIA Gainward GeForce 6600 GT AGP 128mb

I get crap performance also.

Cant believe it, been waiting for so long to play and i cant even run it smooth on very low.

Intel Pentium 4 - HT, 3200 MHz (3.2) (16 x 200)

Gigabyte GA-8I848PM (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN)

Microsoft XP Windows Home Edition SP2

1024 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

ST3160021A (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG (DVD+R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/4x, DVD-RW:16x/4x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

nVIDIA Gainward GeForce 6600 GT AGP 128mb

You need a new video card. The minimum is the 6800, IIRC, plus your card is AGP, which sucks. I would go with the 7600, for around $120. smile_o.gif

Check this out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130017

Your not only telling me to get a card but a whole new system i hope you know. I dont have the money to upgrade to PCI.

Your not only telling me to get a card but a whole new system i hope you know. I dont have the money to upgrade to PCI.

I guess your stuck with poor performance, until you get some money then, right? smile_o.gif

Shuttle SN25p

7800GT 256mb

2 gig memory

I guess you are running an a widescreen TFT, so I know it it is not really a good option, but have you tried to lower your resolution, preferably to 1024x768. I know, as it is not the native resolution of your display it will look bad, but just to check for performance it might be worth a try.

Had it running at 1024x768 at start which did looked ugly but performance wasnt really better, perhaps 3-5 fps better.

What does this game needs most? videocard or processing power?

Will try a new install and see how that goes.

You need a new video card. The minimum is the 6800, IIRC, plus your card is AGP, which sucks. I would go with the 7600, for around $120. smile_o.gif

Thats the recommended and a 6600GT flogs the bejesus out of a 6800. I'm running an XP2800, 1gb ram and a 6600GT and I get better performance than some running high end systems. I also get little drop in performance on high as opposed to very low. I'm not affected at all by trees and other things which cause other more powerful computers to die. It needs a lot of work in the performance area, until faster computers actually run faster and higher settings run slower the posted specs don't mean anything.

make sure you have latest motherboard chipset drivers and video drivers put all nvidia settings to application controled

I've noticed a slight performance boost after the new patch. I used to get 10-15 FPS on normal settings, after this patch I get a stable 25-30.

I have an AMD 3500+, GeForce 6600 256mb, and 1gb ram. One thing i've noticed is that your resolution has a great performance effect on your game. Try lowering it and see what happens.

AMD 3000+ XP

1GB DDR RAM

AGP GeForce XFX 7800GS 256mb

I been reading around and I seem to be getting worse preformance than people with a 6600 or 6800.

Is it my processor?

Some guy mentioned installing ArmA on a clean windows partion helps preformance but how do I do that?

Take your game and throw it in the trash and go buy Batlefield 2

Nah, I stick with red orchestra for now and wait future patches.

This game really still got performance issues.... for now.

Games works fine for me. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

For the guy with the AGP slot you can buy an x1600 for around Å70.

Take your game and throw it in the trash and go buy Batlefield 2

Nah, I stick with red orchestra for now and wait future patches.

This game really still got performance issues.... for now.

Battlefield 2 has more bugs then an Ant hill. Red orchestra just sucks big time, all these 2 games have going for them is that they don't lagg like this game. I just hope BIS keep to there word about getting 100 people on one severs at one time. Its early days so i'll judge them in 6 months time. Also i would say installing a game on a partion would make it run slower.

After reading this thread I'm getting a bit scared. crazy_o.gif

Got:

6600GT(believe 128mb)AGP(yes, AGP sucks)

Pentium 4 2.40GHz

768mb RAM

MS Windows XP Proffesional

SP 2

Will I even be able to run the game normally?

^ after much tweaking ive been able to get playable settings on low give me your msn if you want my ini.