Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy

Beaten Dog mission won't end

Beaten dog mission won't end. We've moved to some defensive position, and guys come over the horizon, kill them all, then wait forever. I sped up time 4X and ran all over looking for last enemy but couldn't find him. Aborted mission.

You should get a message stating that the flank is clear. Then board the truck you came in and head for Dolores. At least it's how it worked in the press kit.

There was definitely a problem. The squad leader and squad stood at ease in the field, in formation, and never went back to the vehicles we came in. Whatever event triggers the "return to vehicles" waypoint never happened in this case.

I replayed the mission, and then it worked as you said.

However, there is definitely something wrong sometimes that leaves the squad standing in the field, rather than heading for the vehicles.

Just mount a search over a larger area, till you get shot at, they have made the trigger area to large.

I had it happen , but it used to occur in OFP,

i just passed that mission. it went down with no problems, but a few things were strange;

in all the excitement, i must have missed some of the orders during the first phase. as i was gunning down attacking enemies, my squad apparently retreated over the hill to the Landies.

when i finally realised that, i was already wounded in the leg. i made my way to the vehicles, always sprinting a few seconds, then falling down again. turning around to fire upon incoming enemies, i eventually reached the two 4x4s, but before i could get in, they drove off! wow_o.gifrofl.gif

now i had to make my way to their new position all the way through the town. with a wounded leg sad_o.gif .

luckily, i met a medic half-way there. from there on, the mission pretty much went as planned, even though most of my squad didn't survive and i had to drive the 4x4 to the last waypoint myself.

but it was a hell of a fun mission. that's what i love about ArmA, anything can happen and you always have to adapt and overcome (for example injuries).

Same happened to me twice today when I was replaying the campaign sad_o.gif

I went running about 5 minutes out into the battlefield beyond the barricades, and EVENTUALLY found a squad of enemy infantry just standing still.

Mission still didnt end after I killed them though sad_o.gif

I looked at the mission in the Mission editor, and there are quite a few triggers to make the mission complete. You should take a look at it if you get a chance and try and find out whats going wrong.

in all the excitement, i must have missed some of the orders during the first phase. as i was gunning down attacking enemies, my squad apparently retreated over the hill to the Landies.

when i finally realised that, i was already wounded in the leg. i made my way to the vehicles, always sprinting a few seconds, then falling down again. turning around to fire upon incoming enemies, i eventually reached the two 4x4s, but before i could get in, they drove off! wow_o.gifrofl.gif

Hehe, exactly the same thing happened to me as well. When they drove off I said "You rotten bastards" and fired off a few shots after the second 4x4, shortly before it disappeared behind the buildings of that town.

The debriefings statistic revealed that I killed two friendlies when I did that. That should teach them about leaving wounded people behind! I know, we are just regular Army and not those "Leave No Man Behind" Marines, but still...