Sign in to follow this  
oldy41

More realistic iron sights please

Personally I much preferred the good old OpFP iron sight models with the slightly blurred notch. The sharp and fancy new sights may well suit a shooter, but they are not very realistic.

They are definitely not what you see when you are really aiming down the barrel of a gun.

Would someone like to put that into a mod?

Thanks

Oldy

yay.gif

huh.gif

Set your postprocessing on high , and then we'll talk again.

The new ironsights are in very good. And yes , they have blur , and are not just bitmaps , other than the BF2 and OFP ones

Personally I much preferred the good old OpFP iron sight models with the slightly blurred notch. The sharp and fancy new sights may well suit a shooter, but they are not very realistic.

They are definitely not what you see when you are really aiming down the barrel of a gun.

Set your postprocess at high and you'll got a blurred sights. But also not very realistic though...

Darn... beaten again confused_o.gif

Thanks, you are right. These look much better now.

Still, the OFP sights gave me a better imersion, bu that's certainly a matter of taste...

Thanks

oldy

the feeling of the 3d sights is better I think than the old 2d sights.

on sniperrifles the old 2d sights is ok, but for an acog sight, I wish there would be "portals" available. like in HLË›.

I mean, that if you look through the acog that part is zoomed in and the stuff around is is still standart and not zoomed in.

hope you understand, my english isn't that perfect to describe it very well confused_o.gif

the feeling of the 3d sights is better I think than the old 2d sights.

on sniperrifles the old 2d sights is ok, but for an acog sight, I wish there would be "portals" available. like in HLË›.

I mean, that if you look through the acog that part is zoomed in and the stuff around is is still standart and not zoomed in.

hope you understand, my english isn't that perfect to describe it very well confused_o.gif

If you are speaking of the crossbow scope in HL2 or some of the guns in CS:Source, those use environment cube maps. There not really portals per say. smile_o.gif