Sign in to follow this  
Hotkey

CTI Incomplete / Buggy

Hi alll!

I've some questions about the included CTI Multiplayer Mode.

I've played that mode yesterday with some friends, and unfortunately it feels like it is not completed in any manner.

The first issue is that the russian side is able to respawn at the us base (if no other flag was selected initialy). This Bug alone makes this mode unplayable.

Nevertheless, we played some minutes to get familiar with the new mode, and i must say there are many good and new ideas. For example the paratroopers and the convoy.

Here's a list of problems / questions we have so far:

What about the radio message "hire"? Is it documented in some way? If you choose that command, 2 new vulcans appear but without fuel. Very strange to me - can i hire other units/cars?

What about the victory conditions and the round-time? In every MP Map you can set this settings in the launch window, but with cti this window provides no settings at all, besides whats the function of the chat window in the mp missions briefing?

What about AI players? Is it possible to play against an AI side? (I guess not, but i still hope it)

Thats it for now, i highly appreciate your answers and still hope that the CTI gets ready for real usage in the near future. I'm a bit dissapointed so far, and i guess the game was pushed to the store shelves unfinished. But if you, BIS does the patch work as good as with flashpoint it would be OK for me...

Ok, please make me a happy christmas and get CTI fixed asap xmas_o.gif

Yep I agree that CTI seems unfinished... There are bugs that isn't just bugs, but stuff that simply wasn't finished at all.

But yes once BIS gets this gametype up and running for real it will beat everything else on the market...

As long as they have everything in place for the EU/US release everything will be fine.

Yeah we had to remove it from the server until it is fixed/completed. Perhaps the latest patch/update made it worse, but it tends to cause CTD's on clients also.

Yep they even put it in the demo.. Just as bad there... :|

I mean honestly, how could you release a map like that? It just leaves me completly mystified, why would you release something that clearly does not work???

I've already reported the bugs on the Wiki... lets see if they get it sorted :|

there's been no official response of lots of bugs that are still making the game unbearable after two patches.

I don't think the CTI being unfinished is a bug. I don't know about you guys, but I get no more than 20 FPS with just me on the map. So no point in playing CTI because of the lag.

They should focus on the performance problem first. Since even if they fix the CTI and leave the performance as it is, no more than 20% of the people with the game will play it.

we had 50 players onCTI, the problems started when people started to use the in game voice comms so thats now been dissabled.

besides the problems with respawn and the server settings we had a massive performance degrade after some time when the first cities get upgraded.

The performance dropped massive for all players (15-20).

I would really appreciate an official statement on this topic. They even advertised the game with the cti function.

The overall communication policiy is really dissapointing - i don't have much problems with the bugs if they will be solved - but i really would like to hear what will be solved at which time.

Maybe an excuse couldn't hurt either.

This is definately not the way some company should deal with one of the most loyal communities... huh.gif

Too bad that placebo has left bis, one of a few who at least sometimes gave new information.

And now reports that the CTI does not work on a Dedicated Server, causes server + client crash i think.

I have no problems with performance on CTI map... apart from the fact that bodies remain indefinately and where there has been a massive battle i get reduced to under 10 FPS...

They need to limit the amount of time bodies stay... or how many bodies remain in a certain area...