Sign in to follow this  
Symbiot

New fire texture beta 0.2

http://rapidshare.com/files/5806842/firesmoke_ca.rar.html

Copy X:\ArmA\AddOns\Ca.pbo in yr mod/addons folder.

Unpack it with winpbo or pbodecryptor

replace Ca\data\ParticleEffects\FireAndSmokeAnim\Data\firesmoke_ca.paa by a new one.

Compress the Ca.pbo

Play with a new fire & smoke

furci3.jpg

Only the fire texture was changed. Smoke texture was just added to be more "heavy". Burning tanks are not a paper model with a lightgrey smoke  tounge2.gif

Looks better and it looks as if the smoke is much more dirty now..sure would love to try it out,too bad I don't have the game yet. banghead.gif But I'll make sure to get this beforehand.

Looks very good Symbiot, great work.

Cant wait to try it when I get the game.

Armaholic.com mirror if needed.

No need to register wink_o.gif

The smoke does indeed look a lot thicker, heavier, dirtier. Good job. I'll try this out when I get the game. Just judging from the screenshots, is their any way you can make the flames look as hot as possible? There might be a danger of them getting "too" detailed and looking more like extremely detailed textures rather than fiery hot flames. I suppose an added "glow" effect could help.

Comparing the two I think yours looks better, the darker flame and darker smoke clouds make it look a little better imo.

(and, yes i own the game)

Will try this out ASAP smile_o.gif

Can someone provide vid how it looks in the game ?

Looks very good Symbiot, great work.

Cant wait to try it when I get the game.

Armaholic.com mirror if needed.

No need to register  wink_o.gif

Follow the link in my quote, its a video of v0.1 though.

Cant make a vid of other video for you since I dont have arma.

i like the smokecolour, but for me the fire is somehow too reddish... for this colour of smoke the flames are too big, since the darker the flames the lower the temperature and vice versa...

Also thick black smoke shows low temperature burning with little or no excess of oxygen so most of the carbon goes off as sooth.

your smoke need less flames, even maybe none,

tanks are from steel, iron and such... if they burn, they burn on the inside, except the tank has been torn inside out by some larger ordnance. They are so rigid, they rather 'pop' their turrets than cracking the mainbody-shell, if something explodes in the inside. flames can get out of a tank only through openings.

So i would like with less 'flaming moe'.

Best would be first lotof flames and brighter smoke which changes over time to just smoking to smouldering to extinct...

Copy X:\ArmA\AddOns\Ca.pbo in yr mod/addons folder.

Unpack it with winpbo or pbodecryptor

Nice job Symbiot, but unpbo'ing with winpbo or any other program than ArmA compatible progs will remove the pbo prefix, I recommend linking to cpbo from Kegetys or Eliteness by Mikero for keeping proper fileformats as they should be smile_o.gif

PS, if ur interested in a patcher program (which only works if the ca.pbo doesn't change between versions otherwise you need to make a new patch file) or automated batch files (which will ensure compatibility with future versions of ca.pbo) just let me know and I will help you if you like.

i like the smokecolour, but for me the fire is somehow too reddish... for this colour of smoke the flames are too big, since the darker the flames the lower the temperature and vice versa...

Also thick black smoke shows low temperature burning with little or no excess of oxygen so most of the carbon goes off as sooth.

your smoke need less flames, even maybe none,

tanks are from steel, iron and such... if they burn, they burn on the inside, except the tank has been torn inside out by some larger ordnance. They are so rigid, they rather 'pop' their turrets than cracking the mainbody-shell, if something explodes in the inside. flames can get out of a tank only through openings.

So i would like with less 'flaming moe'.

Best would be first lotof flames and brighter smoke which changes over time to just smoking to smouldering to extinct...

_41424406_tankap.jpg

DAW040411-5.JPG

nov28bag2.jpg

burningbrit.jpg

A_10_burning_tank.jpg

furci3.jpg