Sign in to follow this  
lethal

proper firing range?

i am trying to make some kind of demo script which shows off some of armas models, weapons and effects in action. part of that is a working firing range with soldiers shooting those popup targets.

i tried the dofire, commandfire, and fire commands but none of them work properly on those targets. with the fire command and proper delays it is possible to get the soldier to fire the weapon but it seems when using that command he also 'relaxes' all his muscles resulting in hilarious but unwanted bending and uncontrolled aiming.

following a tip from the ofpec forums i tried 'switchmoving' the soldier into firing position and freezing him there but that doesn't seem to work as he's just as 'relaxed' as he was before.

any way to get this to work properly? i even tried creating those lasertargets ontop of the pop-up targets but those have the same effect.is there a way to put an enemy soldier there and make him invisible perhaps?

With an addon, there were a couple of invisible target assons for OFP, so I don't doubt there will be in arma.

damn - thats too bad sad_o.gif

strange how such basic functionality got left out huh.gif

now - theoretically speaking: how would one go about creating an addon like that for arma? i mean i wouldn't need a model, right? is it just a matter of creating a new object via ini file or something? where could i get more information regarding this?

The invisible target addon in OFP was super useful. For each side (east, west, resistance), they had 4 types of targets (infantry, army, air, all). So using these, you could get AI to shoot any particular position (your target range for example), and get choppers to target men, and men to target choppers with small arms, etc.

Hope you get help on this soon, as I will want this myself as soon as I get the game.

Yes, was also a decent way to simulate suppressive fire which I was hoping would be added to ArmA. Any insight into what can be used instead would be helpful.

now that the invisible targets are avaible how do i use them for a fire range, seems the get destructed so...

I need a looped firing range where the soldiers, fire at the popup targets, the rearm, they should never fall out of amo too...

I dont know if you used the dotarget with the dofire, Im guessing you did but you might have to use an eventhandler "hit" for those targets cause I dont believe the dammage is ever set to 1. This might be confusing the AI.