Sign in to follow this  
iggywhite

Splitting your squad into multible teams.

I was wondering if it is still possible to split your squad up into multible teams like it was in OFP. (I.E Team Red, Team Blue, etc) I haven't spent a lot of time with the game so far, but that was one of the first things I noticed missing from the squad command menu.

I really hope I am wrong here. huh.gif

I asked if we got the color groupings from OFP again (white, blue, red, green, yellow) and I think I heard a yes on that.

Well considering there are a whole bunch of new script commands to divide squads into teams (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, White), I'm pretty sure it's still there.

Well, maybe I am overlooking it then. If someone could help me out here, it would be appreciated.

I've played the game the first time yesterday and I tried to find the teams all the time. They are not there mad_o.gif

The manual quotes you can split your squad into teams but it is not ingame.

It would be a big feature to have an improved team control like discussed in another thread (assign different formation and behaviour to your color teams), but we don't even have color teams like in Operation Flashpoint.

I've played the game the first time yesterday and I tried to find the teams all the time. They are not there mad_o.gif

The manual quotes you can split your squad into teams but it is not ingame.

It would be a big feature to have an improved team control like discussed in another thread (assign different formation and behaviour to your color teams), but we don't even have color teams like in Operation Flashpoint.

Confirm?

Hey guys,

I've just been mucking around in the mission editor and I've found a problem.

I can only assign my squad members to teams half the time. I don't know what's effecting it, but it seems I can't assign them to "team blue or team red" all the time. The #9 option in the command menu just isn't there.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Safety

I am complaining about this in two other threads.

For me the "assign team" function is not accessible at all mad_o.gif

Seems to only be possible to use this option when in the new command mode, not really a problem however when you have vehicles under your command it doesnt seem to work anymore crazy_o.gif

Cant understand why they didnt leave it in the original command system.

Can you describe the sequence of keys you are pressing to assign a team?

I think you mean pressing spacebar is the "new" command system, but all you can do is select units and move them or let them watch a direction how do you assign teams? crazy_o.gif

I can't understand how I assigned them to a team. I'm sure it was just by selecting a few units and then pressing "9". Can some one clear this up for me please.

SafetyCatch try the following:

press and hold spacebar

->

select the units you want to assign to a color team with the mouse wheel or with the F-keys

->

after your last selection press the middle mouse button (mouse wheel), the command menu as you know it from ofp will open in the right top corner of the screen

->

press 9 key and assign your color team

The only way to give your color teams orders now is to press spacebar and select the team with the mouse as soon as you release the spacebar the selection will be canceled.

That is what I found out by accident a couple of minutes ago.

It is kinda crappy but better than having no teams at all.

Hah, how strange. I tried your method mate, and it seems once you have selected a team and assigned them, you can then do it the normal way like in OFP. How random...

[...]once you have selected a team and assigned them, you can then do it the normal way like in OFP[...]

Mh that doesnt work for me, the '9' in the menue is still invisible after I have assigned a team. The only way to select them is via the quick menue, what a mess.

What version are you running by the way? Mine is 1.01.5094

This was a really simple but effective feature from OFP. I'd really hate to hear that it was taken out, as it will have major impacts on my play style.

I'm really hoping I've over looked it here...

Two team threads merged together, in future search and use existing threads please.

Anyone have any more info on this?

It hasn't been taken out of the game completely, about a quarter of the time I'm able to group them, but 3/4 of the time I don't have the option.

Anyone know how to do it? The above suggestions didn't work for me.

Click the link I have posted on December 2nd (the post before Placebo's where he complains about so many threads dealing with the color teams), there you will find a brief description of mine how to use the color teams in ArmA.

The color teams are only available via the quick command menue (press and hold spacebar) which is quite lame I think.

Is it possible to tell color teams to go into a formation, or which Roe to use etc. ? Can all the commands be used on the color teams as well ? This can be a very useful feature if present.

Nep, it looks like that thread has been deleted, the link doesn't work. Can you explain it here?

Nep, it looks like that thread has been deleted, the link doesn't work. Can you explain it here?

Press and hold spacebar, the quick command menue will appear in the right top corner of your screen showing your squad members with their numbers.

Use your mousewheel to scroll to the units you want to assign a color team and press the middle mouse button (mousewheel) to select a unit.

Once you have selected the last unit for your color team press the middle mouse button again -> the normal command menue will appear.

Use your mouse to scroll to the command called "assign" or press the '9' key.

-> select the color team to assign the selected units by using your mouse wheel or pressing the number of the color team.

It is important to hold the spacebar until you have assigned the color team or your selection will be lost and you cannot assign the units to the color team.

And yet again I use this opportunity to complain about the quick command menue, it's useability is going against 0.

- unit slections get lost when you release the spacebar

- color teams are accessible via the quick commands only mad_o.gif

- you cannot assign formations and behaviours to color teams

Placebo can you tell me: will these issues be adressed in an upcoming patch or will we have to cope with it ?