Sign in to follow this  
ravendk

SFF's Stuff

Little update:

Since Frandsen in the past asked me to make him a SIG P210, i finally had the motivation/time to finish up with the model and texture.

Some O2 pics:

Standard metal version

snap1516.jpg

Wood grip version

snap1511.jpg

The stuff is ingame and working, EXCEPT i'm having a problem with setting up the animated muzzle (->the known alpha bug 'box'wink_o.gif.

Thanks to Jackal (for info) i think i got the setup correct, but strange enough (now, when you need it) i don't encounter the famous alpha (layering) bug.

Pic of the setup (but i guess that isn't the problem):

snap1517.jpg

-Pistol/alpha box (red selected)/'animated parts.

Normally i encounter the alpha bug with my .paa textures, but now i don't. God knows why, but maybe someone else knows too.

I use the DXT 5:5:5:1, No alpha filtering ticked OFF, rest default. Originally i had a transparent part in my pistol texture to map the 'box', but even a new 64x64 transparent texture didn't do the job.

Any help.gif would be appreciated.

Select the slide (the one you want to disappear) and press CTRL+SHIFT+PAGE UP on your keyboard, that should alter the layering. Alternatively, cut the slide, save the P3D, close the P3D, open it again and paste the slide again. (Sorry I didn't tell you that in MSN the other day, I had a lot on the go at the time, and I wasn't thinking straight). If that fails, try contacting Kyle Sarnik, he's the one who taught me how to exploit the bug, and he's usually willing to help out anyone he can.

@Adjust alpha layering (ctrl+shift+page up/down): Already tried numerous times yesterday. Not a single time i get the alpha 'bug'. That is why i suspect (and asked you on msn) if my .paa settings where ok. I even run the old Texview, without luck. Even tried my box on some other models i have laying around with .paa textures, with some result (no bug).

@copy/past: was aware and tried without luck (again, think problem lays in my .paa).

@msn yesterday: wink_o.gif np...

@KS: contacted him late yesterday on msn, but guess he was busy aswell or wasn't up to guide me trough it. I don't blame him wink_o.gif .

Looks @BIS: Wouldn't it be simpler and model friendly (read: poly friendly) to finally include animations on weapons confused_o.gif . Joking, but this would be such a PLUS.

Apparently (according to Kyle Sarnik), animations can be defined in the cfgmodels section, though he neglected to emtnion HOW wink_o.gif