Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

ArmA and FRAPS

Hi there

I just recieved my czech version of ArmA in the mail, and to my surprise it actually works in Vista smile_o.gif.

Anyway, the game is great, and I love the graphics, but for some reason the game crashes whenever I use FRAPS. I don't know if it is Vista related, trackir related or anything. I would hate to install winXP just for fraps :/

Is there any alternatives to fraps btw? Something less demanding. I have found that whenever I use fraps (for the few seconds it actually works), my FPS drops to around 15 fps and sometimes 10 fps sad_o.gif.

My system is:

AMD64 3800+ X2

2 gig dual ram

2 * 7600GT SLI (Although SLI is currently not supported in Vista, so only one of these cards is used)

The game runs at best at around 60 fps, and at worst around 30 fps WITHOUT fraps.

So any1 got an idea?

Cheers

arma and fraps works fine for me. but im a xp-user huh.gif

an alternative for fraps is "gamecam". i used this aswell und it works much better than fraps. u havent got any performance lost like fraps when u making a vid.

Pame

arma and fraps works fine for me. but im a xp-user huh.gif

an alternative for fraps is "gamecam". i used this aswell und it works much better than fraps. u havent got any performance lost like fraps when u making a vid.

Pame

Thanks alot mate... I'll try that one, hopefully I can make some nice trackir vids for ya smile_o.gif

As an alternative, you can also use 3D-Analyze 2.36b as well.

No recording, no performance hit; just 'counters' (FPS)

smile_o.gif

try 'gamecam' - its less demanding than fraps and have some nice features

"RivaTuner Statistics Server" also a good software for view FPS

Fraps works great in Arma. I use VirtualDub (free) to put it in mp3/xvid format. My videos are in the "Videos" topic.

Espectro,

Your FRAPs problem is Vista related. I own both FRAPS and GameCam (I prefer FRAPS btw) and could never get either to work for any game on my Vista machines. Probably due to the 3D desktop.

Anyways, try disabling 3d desktop feature and you *might* be able to get one to work.