Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

nvidia 7600GS problems

Thanks for helping me with my last problem, much appreciated, but now I have another problem with my new nvidia 7600GS graphics card.

On all my games I have had white and see through squares appear in the ground and "lines" coming from objects such as tanks, houses, weapons etc.

I have the latest nvidia drivers and have re-installed them. I have also re-installed directx 9c

Here is an example of what I'm talking about;

dxdshot1164498729im8.jpg

My system specs are,

Nvidia 7600GS 512MB

1GB RAM

Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz

Motherborad had an SIS logo on one of the chips on it.

Your video card is the AGP one... what you are experiencing is a compatbility issue betwean mb chipset (sis) and the new video card, just try this:

Quote[/b] ]

Go to:

Start->control panel (might wanna change control panel to classic view)->display->settings->advanced->troubleshooting->> bellow the hardware acceleration slider there is a box you have to untick, it should be something like activate combined writting. Just unselect this little box and apply the changes. Now it should ask you to reboot the PC, reboot the PC..

I know i have posted this before but since i couldnt find it...

Thanks Heatseeker that solution worked perfectly.

Is there any way to change the refresh rate of Flashpoint as when I do it ingame it keeps crashing?

It shouldnt crash.. unless you have DXDLL, try launching the preferences utility, change it there and see if it goes smile_o.gif .

Damn, you nearly give me a heartattack.

I ordered a MSI GeForce 7600GS with 512MB yesterday.

I hope there will be no problems in Arma, related to that card.

Thanks again Heatseeker it was DXDLL that crashed it.

@ Mr Tea The 7600GS works perfectly with OFP and every other game I have. It should work good with ArmA

Damn, you nearly give me a heartattack.

I ordered a MSI GeForce 7600GS with 512MB yesterday.

I hope there will be no problems in Arma, related to that card.

Snap me to and for the same reason's(only mine's a bfg one,not msi) Be sure to post how you got on with AA,because i won't be getting mine here in the UK till early next year! This community's great and you learn somthing new every day.p.s i think the top end agp cards are getting harder and harder to buy every day,that's why i bought mine now! EDIT= not top end, i should have said "best bang for you're buck's"

"Best bang for you`re buck`s"

Yes, that`s why i took the GS instead of an GT.

Only 149.95€ for that card fits my budget very well, as xmas is not for away. wink_o.gif

btw, the GS is only limited by GPU clockspeed, all other features are the same as the GT ones.

The GT with 256MB would cost me about 50€ more.