Sign in to follow this  
Hillslam

Tanks in ArmA

BUZZARD @ Nov. 15 2006,16:15)]"East": BRDM-2 (transport and AT variants)

T-72

Ural truck

BMP-2

UAZ

Shilka

+ BRDM with machine gun and ATGM variations.

Quote[/b] ]

"West": M1 Abrams

M2 Bradley

M113 (MG infantry transport and Vulcan-armed AA variants)

Truck

HMMVV

No bradleys or regular M113s here, just the strykers.

im pretty sure the rar with the 'all pics of arma units' in it had regular US m113's....

im pretty sure the rar with the 'all pics of arma units' in it had regular US m113's....

Those were the southern sahrani ones. wink_o.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, there are actually regular M113s for the US as well. God im dumb. yay.gif

Take a look at this silly video titled Waldsterben in ArmA, its of a tank driving trough a forest.

Oh my,Oh my.

ArmA seems to look worse by the day. So they haven't changed the speed restriction on slopes as well.

If a tank is able to level a forest easily,

If a tank is able to level a whole city easily,

If a tank is able to drive up a 45° slope that easily,

What point does different terrain and obstacles(towns,buildings) make in Arma. If every area is a "GO" area. Might as well play in a plain flat desert.

I guess another thing on the 200 page buglist BIS needs to work on

I guess another thing on the 200 page buglist BIS needs to work on

These bugs are becomming really fundamental... guess that will take a while to work out, although I don't expect some changes in this area, because you need a complete new physic engine I guess...

And to think there was a huge discussion on how people wanted tanks to react to trees. crazy_o.gif

i think its great tanks can level towns and forests, just makes you have to plan more when attacking tanks with infantery or making it more exciting trying to escape from tanks as a soldier smile_o.gif

bugs smugs , ofp had bugs, ofp r had its share of bugs and arma has is share of bugs. Its something that you can't escape tounge2.gif

but usually after bugs there is hard work to patch the bugs out. smile_o.gif

Yeah, but tanks literally can't level forests. Ok maybe really thin frail trees, but anything with a bit of width to it is either gonna give your crew a headache at speed, or your tank is gonna ramp it. Even if a situation arises where a tank can topple a tree, it would be nothing like the bullet train going through the forest on that video.   crazy_o.gif

If the tank can go anywhere, the ability for infantry to take cover in a forest - or for anti tank squads to use natural choke points against armour - is lost.

the scary thing is not only can it knock down trees with gay abandon but its also bloody acellerating as it does so

so we have

no main gun recoil

no suspension affected by speed

no interiors

bouncey pogo is still present

tanks still like to flip over

AI still likes to charge head first towards the enemy

oh and badly done commanders mgs why do i say this watch this video

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel.wilkinson1/m1a1.rar

The M1A1 and T-72M1 are not cappable of firing there comanders machine gun whilst turnt in. Why do I have the very bad feeling that bis has not added any sort of way to disable this. Add to this on the T-72 not only can the comander fire the gun while turned in but as result his coppula is modeled backwards or is he always meant to be looking out over the rear of the turret banghead.gif

Has anyone confirmed how damage the system works as from a few videos it appears the hit point system is still there its idiotic glory which really would not suprise me

right, Tank commanding in ARMA - is it the same as OPF? i.e. you get the bar across the top showing enemies, the commander can select targets to order the gunner to engage ?

whenever i am commander in the tank, i dont see the bar across the top in ARMA. I can see it in the choppers however.

The gunner engages infantry at his discretion but doesnt seem to want to use main gun. Fellow Abrams tanks engage the enemy though.

So is it different or not ? if not, how do i tell gunner to engage particular targets (surely its not through the menu system) ? Pressing the next target key etc doesnt highlight enemy armor i can see.

thanks