Sign in to follow this  
-TheOne-

Red Flag sample mission

Download link at the bottom. RapidShare wasn't available so I only got megaupload links sad_o.gif.

Well I got inspired by a couple of clan missions where you have to fly an A-10 in some extreme conditions and bomb some stuff up. Well I thought I would make something like that, but with a bit more realism and this time you would be a part of Red Flag, a big international(ok USAF and USMC and USN and a couple of its allies)exercise.

I also watched this movie about RF, about fighter pilots, but oh well, OFP AI can't quite handle air battles in SP, at least not as well as I would want it to, so I opted for ground support.

Well, this mission is very very easy, anybody can do it, keyboard or joystick.

I've added sounds from the real red flag missions, basicly radio chatter(I don't know how good that'll mix with ECP users) and a few more things. I tried to make a nice base and hopefully it's good enough, if not I'll try to make it better.

Now if there's enough intrest in this I might make more missions, each one harder as it is in RL. This is just a small sample.

Oh, and it says MehMan in the screenshots because my new account can't post yet, strangely enough.

Well here's the rest:

Features:

-Realistic briefing and debriefings(kinda)

-radio chatter

-something of a base that is alive

-you get to be cool and fly an A-10

And the long list of required addons(mostly because of the base):

DSL A-10

AEC(Able Eden Cain) the islands

Footmunch F-15c

3wx objects pack

Mapfact:

Baracken

Mil. Object Pack

Sheds

Airport pack

SA-11

SKC F-111

ZPU-4

Hawk C-130

Some screenshots:

rf1ys6.jpg

rf2lv7.jpg

rf3xa8.jpg

rf4zx9.jpg

DOWNLOAD MISSION HERE

It won't let me download it, it says my download limit has exceded which is crap because i never used megaupload before.

Any other way I could get it?

Hmm, I could try crapid share. But no, all it's hard drives are full. Are there any other decent hosts? YouSendIt?

[EDIT]

YouSendIt link

I hope this works.

Just sharpened it once with photoshop because I also resized them.

ah well you did a good job you fooled me into thinking somehow you have an amazing video card wow_o.gif

I'd wish, my 6600GT is getting old, really old. It's slowly dropping out of the decent graphic cards section.

Only one other file to get and that's the F-111 which which stopped downloading once the speed reached 6 kb/s, is it hosted anywhere else?

Just finished the mission, it was a nice mission to play seeing that there is a lack of plane missions.

I liked how you actually made the place look like an active airbase with good use of the different object addons and aircraft addons.

Nice choice of addons and nice to see them actually feature in a mission.

However the mission was just way to easy, I never faced any AAA opposition maybe you could add some more AAA units in certain positions of the islands and force the player to think of a flight route.

Could you also maybe cut out the music and add some more radio traffic to the mission?

If the player wastes all his ammo and does not complete the objective maybe you could do a fail mission and an order to return to base?

On the long flight back maybe you could add in some air traffic.

Overall I liked the mission and hope to see more of it.

Cool, thanks for the comments, they always help! Yeah, I tried to make the base look alive, as if something is actually happening.

I'll get some more oposition and a few more triggers for those ammo things. I'll add some SA-11s to make it more tricky, I had them from the start but then opted to remove them due to the fact that they shot me down and I doubt they'd go against such odds on the second day of Red Flag, but the more I read about it, the more it seems probable.

Well, I'll make it more difficult and try to make the base look even more alive.

Thanks for the comments!

Almost forgot to mention that maybe the RKSL Test island would be perfect for this type of missions you are going for as the island is centered around aircraft.

Woah! Indeed! That island looks like just what I'm looking for! Big distances! Big airfields that look like airfields! Just perfect! It'll also cut down on the download list quite a bit now that I don't need the 3wx and mapfact objects.

Thank you!

Been screwing around on that island, it's perfect for me, just perfect. Here are some screenshots from the updated mission.

rf5no3.jpg

rf3uw2.jpg

rf4ya7.jpg

rf2wo0.jpg

rf1kt8.jpg

Yeah it's definitely the best island available for aviation-themed missions. So many interesting features, like the pre-set SAM sites, the radars, the HAS, and the general authentic layout and feel of the bases thumbs-up.gif

I'll download and enjoy your mission for sure if you choose to use Rock's Island

Don't worry, the choice has been made, I'll definatley be using Rock's island, it's just brilliant! Now off to perfect this mission some more and then reupload it.