Sign in to follow this  
Snake'nS

Why the buildings arent destroyed like in VBS???

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 23 2006,14:49)]It takes placed explosive charges and weeks or month of preparation to let a building collapse like in the video.

I'd like to quote myself there ..

Although I know that the scene pictured in the clip is not a scene from the final product, I would like to add that this kind of collapse can not be achieved by any kind of external and accidental power input (tank rounds or AT grenades launched at the building).

So would it be an idea to either have ruins after the collapse or having the building falling to a side (North, East...) and maybe on a road and then, after the dust has settled we see just "rocks and stones" blocking the sphere the building has collapsed on ?

The arguement that "building destruction like VBS is beyond modern computers!" kinda seems silly when you realize that VBS is run on modern computers.

Agreed. Arguments like these result in no progression.

Ignoring reality doesn't progress the debate.

The reality is that VBS does not have dynamic building destruction.

BIS have once demonstrated a dynamic destruction model but we've been told that it use a lot of CPU, we haven't been told the specs of the machine it was running on and it has never been demonstrated in a n in-game situation. Given that it never was actually used in VBS, we have to assume that it wasn't possible to optimise the process or remove the bugs.

GBee's post summarises quite well the answer to the original question.