Sign in to follow this  
de la rocka

I need to change the color from earth and wind

Hi all

For some designing experiments i need to change the OFP world to one color.

As i am not a modder or something i just ask how to make it possible.

My goal is to have a kind of greenscreen world where i can put in all models

Should be possible right?

Can someone help?

Rocka smile_o.gif

EDIT: Damn. Earth and sky was meant! crazy_o.gif

i doubt this would be totally possible. landscape shadows and horizon mist are hard-coded into the ofp engine.

a quick and nasty way to get close would be to make make an island with a small flat area with 500m high cliffs all around. make sure the textures are invalid so ofp will display the default white ground. make a mission at midday and you'll get a pure white world. the sky-dome will still be visible if you look straight up.

What you say sounds already good to me.

Isn't it possible to decompile an existing *PBO and color every texture to the desired nuance? As well for a sky.PBO?

Other thing is like i said i never modded or edited something in OFP.

Its probably very easy to do if you know how. Could you or someone give me a quick tutorial for doing this. That would be absolutely great. Maybe someone have even a simular file that i can use or modify already?

Big thanks,

Rocka smile_o.gif

there are many ways to get the same effect (why?), but changing textures would be one of the most involved - and may not even work...

if you really want this unusual effect from the game, you'll have to do some editing yourself. the island i described can be made in a few minutes using wrpTool. it's an easy program to learn with a brilliant manual. if you back up your original world files, you can save yourself a lot of stress by saving your island with one of the default names (no config work).

have a go : )

thanks m8. I'll try that way. But you said i have to provoke invalid textures..

How i do that?

K, now downloading wrp-tool smile_o.gif

hmm, actually the cliffs on an island with invalid textures would be shaded, and appear blueish rather than pure white. the next best thing is to go for the no ground effect. when you make an island with no texture, ofp doesn't display the ground at all (vs invalid texture = white). everything below the horizon will appear grey, and above will be sky. you will then need to change the skydome, a much more involved process.

making an island with no textures is even easier:

backup your worlds folder

in wrptool, create a new island.

set the height of all terrain points to 1400m

save it over intro.wrp

load ofp - the introduction animation will show the ocean, but if you start a new mission in the editor, it will be gone. if you have your viewdistance above 1400m you might be able to see ocean way below.

removing the skydome (and sun and clouds) will be harder, and another question for another forum. good luck!

hmm, actually the cliffs on an island with invalid textures would be shaded, and appear blueish rather than pure white.

Not if the sun is at its highest point in the sky. And if you make the cliffs large enough it will block out the skybox.

well you could just retexture the sky and clouds..if the sky was all white the fog would be white because the fog colour is taken from the bottom of the sky texture