Sign in to follow this  
Quenaelin

shooting while running?

In OFP player is normally running when you press forward button, if you are going uphill you will be walking and then there is turbo button (shift) for fast running or running if you are going uphill and walk key (f) for walking, but definetly nothing such as "run as fast as you can without maintaining your aim" sprinting in OFP, player is allways able to aim and shoot in mouse direction, only movement where you cannot shoot is crawling. All these actions and animations are made with weapon pointed forward (AI) or weapon pointed to mouse direction (player), except crawling when weapon is pointing to your side. You can control your head movement and look in to different direction with alt-key. Mouse is moving your upper body to down or up along with your weapon and moving player heading to right or left. I think only needed additions to these movement types are "aimless sprinting" and leaning.

I've seen a lot of really war movies,where soldiers keeps their weapons under their heads while runnin'. Isn't it real?

I've seen a lot of really war movies,where soldiers keeps their weapons under their heads while runnin'. Isn't it real?

? (i didn't get this)

Yes, but that's advancing not running/sprinting.

In real world you can keep your weapon wherever you want when running even above your head if you like and pointed where you want, only your own will and army doctrine is preventing this. Even in army manuals it depends your team formation where to point your weapon. If you advance in column formation, you have to keep your weapon pointed side, but if you advance in line formation you have to keep your weapon pointed straight ahead.

This really depends how you are advancing, you could be advancing by running also. If army is running or sprinting towards enemy isn't it advancing?

This really depends how you are advancing, you could be advancing by running also. If army is running or sprinting towards enemy isn't it advancing?

Yes of course, but you need your arms free to have balance and speed.

All I know was, that we were trained NOT to fire when running, since it would be no point. That is the whole point with frog-lifting (is that what it's called in English - I can never remember), which was introduced by the Brits during the Falkland-war and showed itself alot more useful and powerful than normal run while giving coverring fire.

All Modern arms have (as far as I know), taken this tactic under their sleeves.

The whole idea is, that you have a buddy-partner with you while advancing. When he runs, you shoot - then he stops around 10-15 metres infront of you (depending on how the battle is) and sart shooting towards the enemy - this is when YOU run. As stated, this tactic is very useful, since the human brain will try and shoot whoever is the largest threat to you, and therefor the enemy will be busy aiming why you squad is giving return-fire at all times.

someone must have think too much, the way soldier holding up their weapons while sprinting/running faster then normal is to keep their weapon lines up with enemys possible post, so that if they find a better place to shoot their weapon they would have open up their weapons some 0.01 secound faster then run in full speed with weapons down(0.01 secound is enought to kill or get killed)

it is different to what CQB do at indoor, which you have a much closer range, with MP5 for example, from what i know soldiers and law enforce hold it without completely line up the sight, instead they put the target within their front sight and uses full auto or short brust to put down target, in that close range all you have to do is to point the gun on your enemy and shoot

someone must have think too much, the way soldier holding up their weapons while sprinting/running faster then normal is to keep their weapon lines up with enemys possible post, so that if they find a better place to shoot their weapon they would have open up their weapons some 0.01 secound faster then run in full speed with weapons down(0.01 secound is enought to kill or get killed)

it is different to what CQB do at indoor, which you have a much closer range, with MP5 for example, from what i know soldiers and law enforce hold it without completely line up the sight, instead they put the target within their front sight and uses full auto or short brust to put down target, in that close range all you have to do is to point the gun on your enemy and shoot

I agree. This is one obvious reason why it is important to be able to point weapon straight while running, you can shoot more faster when stopping and you can shoot suppressive fire if you have to, if suddenly enemy pops up and you don't have time to cover.

There are many relatively new games like Battlefield 2 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter which are forbidding shooting while running, I don't understand why it is prevented becouse it isn't very realistic to prevent it. Fortunately there are many more realistic tactical games where this is allowed. I wish this possibility would be included also in Armed Assault.