Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

How Can I make a Unit Never Lay Down but shoot?

Basically.. Im making a D-Day Video. I want to have these MG Men shoot out of the german bunkers without laying down like idiots. I need to know ether:

A. How to make a unit STAND and SHOOT, never lay down.

B. Need an MG that I can place in some sort of bunker

C. Need a bunker with a garrisonable MG that the units can just jump into and fire..

if it's for a video, and if just for a scene or 2 or 3 you can take a clear map, place the bunker and the Machine gunners, ...set them to safe and limited with one waypoint, use a doFire command on some object that the viewer can't see and the machine gunner should be standing, or crouching and be firing till the object, like a civ car, is blown up ...or instead of the doFire command use a Destroy waypoint on top of the object and the unit will not move to the point but destroy the object or any other object for each addtional destroy waypoint ...make sure the object is close to the player thoguh ..not toooooo close...but gernades arm throwing length ...try this out, hope it works ...should work ...we'll see ..

A. unit setunitpos "up"

B and C i dont know, i think there was somthing like that @ofp.info smile_o.gif .

To make the loons stay in the right place you may also find the disableAI command useful. Click the link to the OFPEC online comref and note General Barron's helpful comments.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

This DisableAI "Move"; This SetBehaviour "Combat"; This SetUnitPos "Up";