Sign in to follow this  
Bulbous

ArmedA Soundtrack

Do we have any info about the soundtrack to ArmedA?

The soundtrack to the original series was excellent.

I'm predicting that ArmedA will be a huge hit if they reprise old favourites like Seventh's "Lifeless"!

Ondrej Matejka will make the soundtrack again. The style is similar to what we had in OFP.

Damn... sad_o.gif

I really hope that we will hear those atmospherical musics in ArmA.

Damn... sad_o.gif

sure hope so, but I don't think there will be a match to OFP main theme, its' just something out of this world

Damn...  sad_o.gif

sure hope so, but I don't think there will be a match to OFP main theme, its' just something out of this world

Truly, I still remember the moment when i first played the demo and the main theme music started blaring and the cutscene showed some cool mannable vehicles.. biggrin_o.gif

Damn... sad_o.gif

Truly, I still remember the moment when i first played the demo and the main theme music started blaring and the cutscene showed some cool mannable vehicles.. biggrin_o.gif

it blew me away as well back then. when I heard it the first time I knew OFP would become a lifestyle biggrin_o.gif the demo must be the most effective one I've ever seen.

Well I think they're just trying to create something 'new and awesome', and not stick to the unique ofp feeling, which sucks. huh.gif

Well I think they're just trying to create something 'new and awesome', and not stick to the unique ofp feeling, which sucks.

I hope they bring in one of the old tunes, but copyright issues might prevent that, I guess.

I dont know what you're talking about.. I heard right away that Matejka had made the soundtrack again. It's sort of a mix between what he and Seventh made, so I don't understand what the problem is.

The song from the early video will most likely be included in the game. Here's a ripped version of it. It's not the best quality but I like the sound of it.

Yes, you like the sound of it, but we are talking about the atmospherical musics, which this new soundtrack most likely won't give us. sad_o.gif

Yes, you like the sound of it, but we are talking about the atmospherical musics, which this new soundtrack most likely won't give us. sad_o.gif

So what's less atmospherical about the given examples? It's all about what kind of atmosphere you want it for. Don't you also think that they might have showed us the ones which felt new and tense instead of something which is just like in OFP? I'm quite sure that they will have more mellow ambient songs too.

As long as they dont use that Australian nu-metal shit then I'm happy.

That was the best part!

So what's less atmospherical about the given examples? It's all about what kind of atmosphere you want it for. Don't you also think that they might have showed us the ones which felt new and tense instead of something which is just like in OFP? I'm quite sure that they will have more mellow ambient songs too.

It just simply isn't even near to the ofp musics. I think they're "too modern" or something, but not even close to the atmosphere in OFP musics, which is sad. sad_o.gif

It just simply isn't even near to the ofp musics. I think they're "too modern" or something, but not even close to the atmosphere in OFP musics, which is sad.  sad_o.gif

Many of the OFP songs had electrical guitars and modern beats mixed with strings, and I'm not talking about Seventh's songs.

So far we've just heard a couple of samples from it. There's no point in coming to conclusions based on gut feelings. Ondrej is skilled at making those semi-classical pieces so I don't really see why he would abandon them. Even if the music doesn't please you it takes a few minutes for you to change the music to the ones from OFP.

Guest Ti0n3r

Ondrej is a freaking genious. From what I've heard so far the ArmA OST will be at least as good and atmospheric as the OFP OST notworthy.gif

I agree, it will be at least as good as ofp. I believe it will be much much better wink_o.gif

Heck, I'm Australian and I agree with UkraineBoy.

And if Seventh makes an appearance, I think I'll don earmuffs. They had some nice tunes, but the guy singing really ruined everything. crazy_o.gif

Heck, I'm Australian and I agree with UkraineBoy.

And if Seventh makes an appearance, I think I'll don earmuffs. They had some nice tunes, but the guy singing really ruined everything.  crazy_o.gif

Ok, then. We'll agree that Ondrej rocks and we're hoping to see great things. As far as Seventh goes, I'll take the extra helping that the posters above don't want.

I currently have Seventh's "Lifeless" in my Ipod at the moment, at it always brings me back to that Red Hammer mission where everyone was dead and I was injured in the legs and was trying to crawl for the evac helicopter.

"Watch you die"... that line had my adrenaline going like nothing else I can think of!

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 29 2006,20:00)]John Frusciante - Murderers

(more of this style, but the main accent should be on Rock/Metal/Nu-Metal or whatsoever it was on OFP)

John Frusciante is an awsome guitarist. biggrin_o.gif