Sign in to follow this  
King Diamond

Surround sound in flashpoint?

Do flashpoint support surround?

Just bought a new surround system with 5.1 speakers.

I have it hooked up to my computer but i only get stereo in flashpoint.

I am using a terratec aureon 7.1 with DDL(Dolby Digital Live) but i can only here stereo.

Hears like the front speakers is just duplicated to the backspeakers.

I have tried flatout with the 5.1 settings and then i get full surround.

OFP don't support it I think but it does suport EAX.

Look for ArmA to support it.

This page says otherwise

Quote[/b] ]BIS has put in Doppler effect into moving objects, surround sound, and EAX. When you hear an explosion or a tank rattling by, you can definitely hear where it’s coming from, and it’s a very vital part of the gameplay. The only complaint with the sound is the radio voice seems a little harsh, but it’s such a minor point.

I don't really understand your problem though. You say you've tried it with 5.1 surround sound settings and it works? But when you use 7.1 surround sound settings on your 5.1 speakers you hear duplicated sounds? What do you mean?

Elaborate please...

At least it supports 4 channel audio (front left & right + rear left & right). Don't know about 5.1 or more, I think the extra channels would be mixed by the sound card from the 4 sent by the game unless the game supported 5.1.

Did you activate hardware mixing from ofp audio settings and maybe also set speaker mode correctly from sound card settings?

Yesterday I enabled Hardware Acceleration and EAX. I have a 5.1 system. My front left & right + rear left & right speakers work fine. The problem arises however when I switch to ironsight view. When firing I can barely hear the sound of my own weapon. It works fine for all other games.

I've learned that 5.1 simply isn't supported in OFP. The centre speaker doesn't work while in Hardware Acceleration mode. It is incredibly frustrating because when you aren't in HWA mode, you cannot get true surround sound.... Bah. Stereo it is!

- dRb