VladAlex

Highway !

I'm proud to present my last work.

HW1.JPG

HW2.JPG

HW3.JPG

HW4.JPG

HW5.JPG

At this time, I'm just at the begining of my work. The objective is to create all usefull elements to create highways.

Possitive meant critics here, did you already had the time to check if AI works on this. Just telling you as i made something simular in the past and AI just didn't could use it. Going straight is ok, but U-turn behavior is deadly and will crash the vehicle (and i did use the road points). Anyway, before you coninue i would advice you to test it ingame.

Having VBS TP3 i know at this moment dual lines aren't usefull. Thought i read somewhere that it will be fixed, but if i'm not mistaken that was only in ArmA (as it is something to do with the engine).

Good luck.

DS

Thanks for your advice, but my model is splitted in two. This mean that what see on the screenshoot is not one single road with way, but two single roads...

So its why think it could work very well in ofp !

place to standart single roads on a island in wrp tool and check how ai behaves...I tell you...like shit sad_o.gif

I'm proud to present my last work.

I'm guessing you meant your "latest" work. biggrin_o.gif

They look great, Vlad. Keep it up!

Good job man!

New roads are definietly needed, because OFP had only a small set.

If it would be ready 1 month ago, I'd use it on my island...

Do you plan to make a bridge too? It would be nice smile_o.gif

Best regards,

Kubi

(Nogova 2004)....think thats the name, had a good highway, but the center divider killed AI cars at times sad_o.gif

I still use it though, makes for an awesome zombie map. smile_o.gif

Nice work on yours ,can't wait to test it out!

(Nogova 2004)....think thats the name, had a good highway, but the center divider killed AI cars at times sad_o.gif

I still use it though, makes for an awesome zombie map. smile_o.gif

If you set the behaviour to safe and/or let them drive slow it will work quite OK. I was kinda suprised how well it did actually.

Can't believe people still use it wow_o.gif

I have been thinking about highways and car behaviour in OFP for a long time but I can't say I have found a solution that satisfies me confused_o.gif

a nogova map or something other with a modern touch to it , these high way sets would be perfect, yeah a.i driving in confined spaces is tricky but with putting them in safe mode while driving can help out. smile_o.gif

If the barriers are non destructible I could see future problems when the AI gets spooked. Like a safe tank going combat on a bridge .....not a pretty sight sad_o.gif

But I still wanna see this road addon smile_o.gif

-----------

As for nogova 2004, there are places where the AI wants to cross over ,even in safe the cement barriers will hurt them and end a trip quickly. But I still like it.

Ok. I agree, there will be problems with the AI in case of turns... Arma will solve that problem I hopes... Waiting Arma i'm going to develop a realistic and detailled Motorway with all trafic signs (French for the moment). I will try to stay fidel with the distance. For exemple one element will mesure 52 meters long and 12 meters lenght. The road signs and lines will also respect the frenchs standards.

I'm also trying to make a mountain road pack wich will contain elevated roads. Because i just dont like the way that most of island manage there road system in Moutain zones.

I'm also creating road tunnels, and bridge.

The trafic signs will be really numerous (maybe more than 100). With them, island makers should be able to make the road saffer in OFP and ARMA (i hope that driving in arma is much more demanding than in ofp).

I will try to implement pedestran passage, and all line that can be usefull on a road (stop line, or zebra for exemple).

So i've just started the work. And because i find each days more acurates informations I have to rework all my models.

Its why i search somes textures makers, and others volunter wich want to help me in my road project.

Ps

I dont necessary need skilled people. Im not really an addon maker, just a guy who love OFP and who is bored by that old and unrealistic road system.

PS 2

And i'm french, so surry for my bad english. But i could work with people who know english.

First here is a link to all the french trafic signs Trafic Signs PDF document

We just cant modelize them at all, its why we will make a selection.

Then we will organize and standardize our work. In less than one week its possible to design at least 100 trafic signs if we work hard...

Of course Arma will have well designed road signs... But not all, and Arma will not provide the HIGHT level of complexity and fidelity that i want to implement.