Sign in to follow this  
Ermac

Close quarters game

I come from the Rainbow Six community dissapointed with how Rainbow Six became hollywood and recently played the Flashpoint demo and enjoyed it. I started following Armed Assault because it seemed to be one of the only next generation realistic tactical shooter game. I think it would be cool if the Flashpoint developers created a close quarters game where you play as counter-terrorists/SWAT element against terrorists.

I come from the Rainbow Six community dissapointed with how Rainbow Six became hollywood and recently played the Flashpoint demo and enjoyed it. I started following Armed Assault because it seemed to be one of the only next generation realistic tactical shooter game. I think it would be cool if the Flashpoint developers created a close quarters game where you play as counter-terrorists/SWAT element against terrorists.

would be awsome, maybe if AI improved, it very well could be possible in Armed Assault with a few tweaking here and there, but im almost sure it would be possible in Game 2....

Yea, that kind of close combat probably wont happen until game2, though ofp is not supposed to be close combat in the first place.

Of course it would be great if you can have some realistic CQB in Game2 but I think it should not be the focus because it does not match the idea of a "soldier-sim".

Maybe the engine gives us enough space to make a "rainbow-six-mod" or something xmas_o.gif

I come from the Rainbow Six community dissapointed with how Rainbow Six became hollywood and recently played the Flashpoint demo and enjoyed it.

Buy the game (with resistance), install some addons/packs, download islands with cqb locations, get some nice missions - love it wink_o.gif ...or wait for ArmA, then do the same^

Sure, I expect cqb to be at least at the level of r6/full spectrum warior (in terms of tactics) in the whole game2 thingy, but of course much more real-duty orientated. Many topicks were made about the cqb in game 2 my friend.

Indeed,we already have the swat guys,terrorist..errr...that depends on what you think they look like,when people hear terrorist for most part these days they think middle east. But straying from that,the biggest issue with close quarter combat at the moment is due to collision detection,AA has that fixed so it would be very possible. Of course if they add weapon ballistics and the enemy has AK's,they could just shoot ya through the wall.

yeah there would have to be some form of CQB, arent there rumours circulating that there is knives in ArmA??

Close Quarter Combat.., is and always been an important, when fighting an enemy in a town or structure/s.

I think it would make a fine enhancement to the game!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

It could be scripted, but it would be heavily scripted and would likely have to be restricted to small areas or only be able to be implemented in specific areas.

It's something I've always fancied having a go at programming for Flashpoint, just for the hell of it. At the moment though I'm laden down with voltage regulators for alternators and finishing off my first C++ book, aswell as re-arranging the wiring on my folk's house after the rabbits who put it in several years ago.

It's a shame setvelocity doesn't work for soldiers.

You might as well just have a script that check when 2 sides enter a town and then kills off 70% of each side instantly. There is your urban battle simulated with as little CPU as possible.

Unfortunately rainbow six and swat are not the same concepts as OFP. They are conducting police actions, while OFP is conducting warfare. Different concepts, different tactics, different games.